Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SigmaTel HD Audio CODEC not working.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pivotraze

pivotraze

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

I just installed Windows XP Professional on my laptop (Gateway MX8734) and my sound card (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC) is not working.

In device manager, it has a yellow error by it, and the error is "This Device Failed to Start". I've tried multiple drivers from the Gateway Site. I'm not sure which ones though. In the CABS folder of the root drive, these are the drivers:
"D00478-001-003"
"D00491-001-001"
Both of those are SigmaTel drivers. I've tried a Dell Insiprion drivers. What else could I do? Help me please!
Proud user of Windows 7 Ultimate

Developer of: Seafire Suite
Developer of: Pivot: Revolution

System Specs: 4GB Ram, Intel i3-2350M,

MaxxAudio® LE

, 1600x900 17.3" HD+ TruBrite LED Screen , and Intel HD 3000 Graphics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

Have you checked your BIOS to assure yourself that the on-board audio card is enabled?

This is a link I found at Gateway http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers...p;uid=280562081

See if you can find the correct driver I realize the driver above says windows Vista, but the site really wants your serial number rather than the model number.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 pivotraze

pivotraze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

I had Ubuntu before Windows so I know it is not that. It was working fully on ubuntu. I fixed this last time, but don't remember how >_< Guess I'll just continue downloading drivers from their site haha. Unless anyone knows the EXACT driver I need.

MaxxAudio® LE

#4 pivotraze

pivotraze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

SOLUTION FOUND:
I was downloading random ones from the Gateway Site. Here is the one that actually worked:
http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers...p;uid=280564497

:D Yay!

MaxxAudio® LE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users