Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 and windows media player

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 awhispersecho

awhispersecho

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

HP G72 notebook
Pentium dual core T4500 2.3 GHz
4 gb Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Ok. I just got this new laptop. Windows 7 is a bit of an adjutment but here is my issue. I have always used WMP as my default. I used to be able to go to a "site" and left click on a video link instead of right click/ save as, and it would open WMP and begin to buffer. I could then watch as it buffered and when it was done, choose file/save as and save it to my drive. These are WMV files by the way. Now when I go to watch or stream a video and left click on it, It starts to buffer, but the middle of media player where the video should be is open, no video. there is no option to view the transfer speed and can't watch until it's done. Also, I'm not able to choose file/save as and save it when I'm done either. Is there a way to get this to act like it did in vista and xp and allow me to stream and save videos like I used to. If not, is there another program that would work in that manner. Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users