Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My netbook has trojans rogue and hijacks - please help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 sunny839

sunny839

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

Hello - I appreciate your help - thanks in advance!!

My netbook is completely messed up, and I would really like to fix it.
I am not completely sure what went wrong or when, but I will tell you all that I can recall.

I use the netbook to get on the net a lot. I hadn't noticed anyproblems until after I tried to update to IE 8(?). I didn't really care to update at the time, but periodically I would get prompted to upgrade. I got tired of the prompting to I did it. Afterwards I had all kinds of trouble with my computer. I think the most prominent thing was that I couldn't use the net anymore.
Sorry sometime has passed and I don' remember every detail. But I likely (1) scanned my to check for virus. (2) searched for info online, from another computer as to why my internet wasn't working, (3) tried to restore the computer to a previous state with System Restore.
(4) I sought the help of a tech friend, who installed AVG free 9, and Malwarebytes. He confirmed that i had a bad infection on my computer. He told me I may have to wipe it and reinstall windows. I am willing to do that. I didn't have much saved on the computer anyway, and have already backed it up, but I don't have an external drive, or a copy windows (perhaps he does, and would let me use the software) so I wanted to try to clean the computer.

I have run the Malwarebytes, then got a list of the malware, clean it up.... but the computer still seemed off (I know some up my setting must have gotten changed - like the appearance of my desktop for starters.)
If I ran the malware stuff again, I would get a different list...

Now when I run Malwarebytes,(in safe mode) it come back clean, but I think I may still be infected.
I have also run the AVG free 9 (in safe mode) and in the log I see that all the files it scanned were locked and couldn't be tested.

In regular mode, I have gotten my desktop to look pretty normal, but nothing works! What ever icon i click on - i then get a dialog box asking what I want to open it with. Even internet explorer (IE)doesn't work.
I can only really use the computer in safe more now. Safe mode with networking. I can use the net now, but its kinda hit or miss. Some times I go to open IE and I get nothing (like no internet connection). I'd rather use Google Chrome, but it's not loading in safe mode. often with IE, if I do a search for antivirus something, i'll get some other page results/buy this product - basically redirecting my search, or my search results. Today I was able to download Hijack this, and I also wanted to try Avast, I was able to download that too.

This is a list of the last Malware found on my netbook..... [i wanted to google this stuff and if i could find instructions on how to clean it up...]
Trojan.Dropper (2) [ meaning had two entries]
Rogue.DefenceCenter (3)
Trojan.AgentGen
Trojan.DNSChanger
Trojan.FakeAlert
Hiack.TaskManager

I'm pretty sure my registry is all messed up too.
Can you help me clean my computer?

This is my first post. Idk how to add attachments, but i do have a Hijackthis log.

I appreciate your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Driesiooo

Driesiooo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hello.

Update MBAM (Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware) and Rescan it.

I think it's best for your computer, to threat that infection. Just follow the steps on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html (Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help).

When post your (Hijackthis log +) DDS Log:
  • Do not post it at this topic or this forum but on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html
  • Be patient, it's very busy at this forum.
  • A professional expert will view your logs and will help you with that problem.
  • Do not use tools (like ComoFix) without professional experience/helper.
Good luck.

Edited by Driesiooo, 06 September 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#3 sunny839

sunny839
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

Ok thanks a lot!

After, I have read the article and been following the steps.
Im ready for my next post with the attachments.

Thanks ....i can't wait to get the thing back to normal.
:thumbsup:

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,012 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic345659.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users