Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to bust Antimalware Doctor for a family member

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 agvkrioni

agvkrioni

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:20 AM

Hey guys. My cousin with whom I am communicating long distance has a laptop infected with Antimalware Doctor and I've tried walking him through thee Bleepingcomputer tutorial on it and so far no good. He can only run rkill unless he is in safemode. In safemode I've taken him through regedit but the 3rd listing we could not locate to delete, the "Run Antimalware Doctor.exe" listing? Also, he couldn't find the enemies-names.txt or the malware's executable by searching for it.

I'm not really sure what else to do. Can you guys help us?
It's the blind leading the blind here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Driesiooo

Driesiooo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:05 AM

Hello.

I think it's best for your computer, to look for an infection. Just follow the steps on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html (Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help).

When post your (Hijackthis log +) DDS Log:
  • Be patient, it's very busy at this forum.
  • A professional expert will view your logs and will help you with that problem.
  • Do not use tools (like ComoFix) without professional experience/helper.
Good luck.

#3 agvkrioni

agvkrioni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Okay thanks. We'll post it on Saturday night. He's busy all this week with work stuff apparently. Should I keep posting in this post or request mod deletion and just recreate thread on Saturday?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users