Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

advice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zeelobe

zeelobe

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

Hi guys, I'm thinking right now of purchasing a PC...I want it to be custom built I mean per piece or hardware i get to choose what brand ill use...but the problem is I'm not computer savvy in any way, so if anyone can point in the right direction any help is greatly appreciated...from the mobo to the memory etc please advice me on what to set up and what brand to use or something. I'm actually thinking of buying a PC that can handle games and maybe basic designing (autocad and Photoshop). Mostly i do conversions for audio and video. For the games I'm not looking for those type of games that are heavy on the graphics side...maybe like warcraft or splinter cell pandora tomorrow type of games to be played...Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Spectacle

Spectacle

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

I'm answering your post because I'm not qualified to answer. That is, I'm currently in process of building a machine and researching what's best for me.

I used to have pretty extensive knowledge, even working for several years in the electronics & also computer mfg. industries, until I got hit with some strokes. Whatever I did know I sure don't now, so it's necessary to re-educate myself almost from square 1. That's my best answer because I want to save by building myself, and I want to know how Tab A works with Slot B for future troubleshooting & upgrading.

Therefore my suggestion is to spend some quality time scouring the web to edgikate yerself, here at Bleeping Computer, also Elder Geek, Tom's Hardware etc. and check out hardware comparisons. Be sure to get a good picture of who makes those comparisons, as in follow the money, because many are far from unbiased.

Find out why AMD made a major dent in Intel profits, what processor terminology means, like various speeds & performance measures, research particular technologies used by mfgr's. Then review what seems to work best for others, and equally important, what DOESN'T work for others.

That last is often the driving force behind 'Incredible Super Amazing Stupendous DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!' offers by online vendors.....

Edited by Spectacle, 08 September 2010 - 10:48 AM.

2000 Dell Optiplex GX-110, P3-847Mhz, 384 Mb SDRAM, Matsu 80GB HDD, XP-Pro SP3, Online Armor Pro 4.0.0.15, with Avast! Free, Super-Antispyware, Malwarebytes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users