Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

redirect problem/virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 farmersdaughter08

farmersdaughter08

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

I originally posted about a google redirect problem which can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic345206.html
To sum it up every search engine I use the links are redirected. I was asked to update Malbytes and then scan, I could not do that. I was asked to make sure my DNS server address' was correct, called my ISP and found out it was not correct, it had been changed. So I got that fixed, then I was able to update Malbytes an run a scan, it found 22 infected files which all were removed. Things were ok for at least 6 hours, I no longer was being redirected while using a search engine. After that it started redirecting again. I ran ESET scan as asked to, the first time it froze but found 9 infected files, which were deleted/fixed. I was able to run it again this time it worked, no virus's found. I was then asked to come here.

I tried following the directions for gmer.. however while scanning my computer went to the old famous blue screen where all I could do was restart my computer. I have NEVER seen that in the 6-7 yrs I have had this computer, so I would rather not run that again if thats ok.

Any advice is greatly appreciate. I am enrolled in college, so I am willing to try anything to get rid of this redirect once AND FOR ALL!

I ran my own AntiVirus over night, the the last scan, ESET told me there was no virus's. Someone thought this was something to do with my router, I have reset my router, I have cut all wireless internet access, could it still be my router?

Trend Micro Scan Log: (I had to type it I don't know how to get the log to copy and paste)

Cookie_DoubleClick Cookie deleted
Infected File: Threat Name: (ALL OF THE FOLLOWING WERE FOUND IN FILE LOCATION: dev\s)
AdgredY.class TROJ_JAVA.AS (ALL OF THESE WERE DELETED)
DyesyasZ.class TROJ_JAVADL.A
LoaderX.class TROJ_JAVA.BN
ADGREDY.class TROJ_JAVA.AS
LoaderX.class TROJ_JAVA.BN
AdgredY.class TROJ.JAVA.AS
LoaderX.class TROJ.JAVA.BN

Compressed File Infected file: 5707c08a-1d80f3c7 Folder Path: C:\Users\owner\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\10\
Compressed file Infected file: 22f1ade8-379c252f Folder Path: c:\User\Owner\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\40\
Compressed file Infected file: 5707c08a-66cdc157 Folder Path: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\10\

In a previous scan I had virus's in Java, maybe I should just uninstall it from my computer to see if it helps. Even with this scan and the results all taken care of, I still have the redirect "JUMP" is what it says before loading each site.

EDIT: Posts merged ~BP

Attached Files

• Attached File  DDS.txt   16.55KB   4 downloads

Edited by Budapest, 06 September 2010 - 04:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 farmersdaughter08

farmersdaughter08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

Please remove or close this post, I have gotten rid of the re-direct issue. I still have a few popups and I have a "intrusion attempt," but Norton continues to block it. I understand 100% that this is a busy forumn and that issues are resolved in the order in which they are received. I would have normally waited and would of had no problem of being patient and waiting my turn. However my computer was getting slow and loading Internet Explorer was getting to be a pain. I found 5 infected files in my Registry files and over 250 infected other files using SuperAntiSpyware.

Thanks again for the help I did receive here.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users