Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Pop Ups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tina1002

tina1002

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:16 PM

Please help i'm it's driving me nuts
1) Hi I have pop up blocker enabled in my computer but there are still some pop ups that consistantly appear , these r from smileycentral and rewards and http://consumerincentivepromotions.com/rd_...d2f1&a=2737-ADR
2)I did have norton antivirus but now it expired and i have to register and buy . do u know any good antivirus that i can download it free ?

Thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 anthonykirby

anthonykirby

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:25 PM

Hey,

Try AVG Antivirus - should be available on Download.com - its free and has regular updates for free also.

Or you could try Search & Destroy by SpyBot. It is probably a bit more thorough.

Cheers

Anthony

Please help i'm it's driving me nuts
1) Hi I have pop up blocker enabled in my computer but there are still some pop ups that consistantly appear , these r from smileycentral and rewards and http://consumerincentivepromotions.com/rd_...d2f1&a=2737-ADR
2)I did have norton antivirus but now it expired and i have to register and buy . do u know any good antivirus that i can download it free ?

Thanks a lot

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:14 PM

Hi tina1002,

Have a look in the BC compendium of recommended Freeware:
Recommended Freeware

I agree with anthonykirby's recommendation of AVG Free but you should also have one firewall and several anti-spyware programs on your PC for increased protection. I would recommend:
Ad-Aware SE
Spybot S&D
SpywareBlaster
A-squared Free
Ewido Security Suite

You can also supplement your protection by running online anti-virus scans from time to time (they are also listed in the Freeware link above).

If you are using Internet Explorer consider changing to Firefox - its a better browser and has inbuilt pop-up blocking.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 tina1002

tina1002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:10 PM

Thanks alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
i scanned with many tools but no success untill i tried with spybot S&D , it deleted and solved the problem ( i guess)
So far it's fine .
thanks a lot for helping

#5 registereduser

registereduser

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:48 PM

Hi tina1002,

Have a look in the BC compendium of recommended Freeware:
Recommended Freeware

I agree with anthonykirby's recommendation of AVG Free but you should also have one firewall and several anti-spyware programs on your PC for increased protection. I would recommend:
Ad-Aware SE
Spybot S&D
SpywareBlaster
A-squared Free
Ewido Security Suite

You can also supplement your protection by running online anti-virus scans from time to time (they are also listed in the Freeware link above).

If you are using Internet Explorer consider changing to Firefox - its a better browser and has inbuilt pop-up blocking.

hth :thumbsup:

GREAT freeware ! however,you left out:
BHO Captor to prevent spyware toolbars downloading. i ALWAYS reccomend Firefox web browser with it's built in pop up blocker. thennnn,reset cookie permissions [ the default settings suck BIGGG time !] ,activex settings and lets not forget that GREAT CRAP CLEANER [CCleaner].
to see what i have installed,go here
http://browseraddons.friendpages.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users