Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Virus Protection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rlight

rlight

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

Recently I uninstalled Mcafee Virus Scan and Firewall. I installed AVG Virus Protection and ZoneAlarm Firewall.

I followed Mcafees Uninstall instructions. but after the uninstall was finished I still found 13 Mcafee Files in my computer. I manually deleted each one.

1. How can I be sure that I have removed all of Mcafee files, etc. from my computer?

2. Since Mcafee automatically renews my membership with them, do I need to contact them to let them know that I have uninstalled their program?

Thanks
rlight

Edited by rlight, 06 November 2005 - 08:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lethal_Banana

Lethal_Banana

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:01 AM

2. Since Mcafee automatically renews my membership with them, do I need to contact them to let them know that I have uninstalled their program?

Thanks
rlight

Well, I am sure you'd want to contact them if you don't want to keep renewing your subscription (ie, pay money for it). But other than that, there is no need to contact them because of a simple uninstall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users