Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAfee Security Center

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sweets

sweets

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

I received a 2006 Dell Dimnesion E310 computer from my neice a few days ago. I believe it originally had McAfee Security Center installed however it no longer functions and I would like to uninstall it from this computer. I tried the usual Control Panel-Add/Remove but there was an error and it would not uninstall. The computer has Windows XP Media Center OS. I tried registering for McAfee Community Help forums but I believe you must be a current owner of a McAfee product to have some code that allows you to register. I don't have acceess to any other info peretaining to the McAfee product installed. The computer is not online so I would have to transfer any downloads via CD. If anyone knows the procedure to remove this product please do tell. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

Found a page that might be useful post if it helps http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:21 PM

There was also this at the top of the AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum: List of Antivirus Uninstallers and Removal Tools
Make sure you read through the topic for any updates that may have been added for your particular Vendor and Version.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users