Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupted registry, what to do???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WildRek

WildRek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

I think I have a corrupted registry file because when i turn my computer on it shows amblue screen for about 1se ond and then reboots once. I can see on the blue screen that it says bad system error but I can't boot my computer into normal or safe mode. When trying to boot into safe mode it loads all the drivers then just sits there for ages with a blank screen and my cursor doing nothing. If I can get into my pc I can download and install the little registry cleaner or whatever it's called and that should fix my corrupted registry. So can someone please help me?? [am typing this on my iPod touch]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darth sidious

Darth sidious

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

If you press F8 at boot time and select disable system restart then when you reboot the blue screen will stay up so you can post the exact error it is displaying on here for someone to have a look at it and try to help.

Please post operating system that you are using as well.

It may be a corrupt registry but need to see eaxct blue screen error details.
HP Compaq 6715b Notebook--AMD Turionx2 2.2Ghz 64 Mobile TL-64--4GB DDR2 667Mhz--Compaq 6715b--fujitsu siemens 500GB sataII Internal, Toshiba 1TB EXT HD Backup--IGP ATI Radeon x1250 128MB--Broadcom a\b\g Wlan adapter built in, Sonicwall TZ100, Dlink DSL 2740b--Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and linux ubuntu dual boot--Firefox 4.0 &IE8--Eset Firewall--Nod32 antivirus & Spyware Doctor--Malwarebytes anti malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users