Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

very persistent redirect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SewLolita

SewLolita

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:56 PM

A few days ago, my computer would not turn on because a file was damaged/missing. a friend went through the command prompt to get the file off the windows disk (because it wouldn't just get it off that either). the file was named "isapnp" OR "isapi" . this was what caused me to realise something was wrong.

then it was running again, but whenever i went to use the internet, i'd be redirected to assorted security-sounding-ish things using 'co.cc' in the adress where 'com' usually is, and it'd start running a fake scan called 'analysis security'. the redirects would happen whenever they felt like, not just when i tried to click things

My internet is crawlingly slow, as is the computer in general. a few things stopped responding, and occasionally my process manager would not come up (i used 'kill process' after that point, since it wasn't affected)

after several scans with various programs, and restarts, i can go to my home page (google) and search, but any clicked links usually redirect, and adresses typed in may redirect or may work randomly. i deleted a lot of old stuff which was just making it slower to scan ( discovered somone installed bandoo... wtf?)
I also shifted off piles of old stuff to my external hardrive after the first couple, so there'd be less for it to scan. then it occured to me that might have infected that too... i dunno if it works that way?

I have gotten a couple of notices about web pages being closed for security reasons, but i am not sure whether it was my AV trying to kill one of the things it was opening, or the thing itself trying to make me buy it.

i ran MBAM, SAS, ad-aware and avira. they turned up various things, and all say they fixed them. it 's still doing it though.

Thankyou in advance for any help you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Driesiooo

Driesiooo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:38 AM

Hello.

I think it's best for your computer, to look for an infection. Just follow the steps on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html (Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help).

When post your (Hijackthis log +) DDS Log:
  • Be patient, it's very busy at this forum.
  • A professional expert will view your logs and will help you with that problem.
  • Do not use tools (like ComoFix) without professional experience/helper.
Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users