Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Member Intro

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adupuis

adupuis

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:03 PM

Hi,
I'm adupuis and I just joined this community. Why? 'Cause I have a virus. Actually, an unwanted and unknown anti virus program pupped up on my screen and told me I had a bunch of trojans, spyware, and all kinds of unpleasantness. Now I have to deal with it. Hence, my presence here.

I also see that there is an opportunity to learn more about malware and other such animals, which intrigues me to no end. I have a lot of computer knowledge behind me, but this malware world is one that scares me and I've been pretty ignorant to it's effects 'til recently.

I look forward to meeting you all virtually, and I'll start by visiting the various forums in order to find an answer to my current infestation.

Talk to you later.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

Hello and welcome. Yes malware is getting to be quite a serious issue. If you need help make a topic in the Am I Infected forum.
Thanks for joining us.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:22 AM

Welcome to BC, and thanks for joining!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 meherethere

meherethere

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hi - I just joined because of malware/viruses/etc- which attacked my computer- hope that this site will help

#5 A909DUDE

A909DUDE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Well it's like I've been blessed and found heaven. WOW !!! I am so pleased to of been introduced to such a wonderful place to learn all I can and maybe one day even be able to help others like myself. So thank you ahead of time for all the opportunities, advice, guidance, and knowledge. A909DUDE :thumbsup:

Edited by A909DUDE, 05 September 2010 - 03:54 PM.

An APPLE A Day . . . Chases The Blues Away..

#6 quikvic

quikvic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

Hi. I'm glad I found this site. I'm going to try some of the basic cleaning steps first then check out your forums. However, since this 10+ yr old computer is now snail slow and keeps "Not responding" I'm going to take a break as I have not the patience. :flowers: I used to be a medical transcriptionist and typed pretty fast, hence the name. I'll try to give you a break and go it on my own as long as I can. I hate for something to get the best of me. Hopefully I won't end up throwing the computer out a window. Ha Ha! :trumpet: What I've read so far seems helpful and it's nice to know I can ask for some guidance if needed. :thumbsup: Thanks.

Hope you're having a Happy Labor Day!!

#7 bretos

bretos

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hey
My name is Bryce, just joined in hopes of fixing the malware/viruses attacking my poor little computer.
Thanks

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hello and welcome to you all. Thanks for joiniing us and we'll see you inside.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users