Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 anesta2000

anesta2000

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:46 AM

When I run ad aware, it stops at the registry item "CLSID\{096F54CF-6ED7-4725-AFBF-29C5AFF8BFAC}" always. I re installed adaware and the result is same. Am I infected?

The problem began with NAV warning: "LU1860: LiveUpdate has detected a potential security compromise on your computer: one or more entries for Symantec LiveUpdate servers exist in your Windows hosts files."
I unchecked read only and it cleaned entries and updated virus definitions.

Then I couldnt use adaware again also my adsl connection is sooo slow, Pls. help!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 18:40:41, on 06.11.2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\xp\My Documents\programlar\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Userinit] C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\lsass.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasDtServ] gcasDtServ.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O16 - DPF: MynetOkey - http://oyunsunucu.mynet.com/game/WebRoot/Okey.CAB
O16 - DPF: MynetTavla - http://oyunsunucu.mynet.com/game/WebRoot/Tavla.CAB
O16 - DPF: {0FC8B38E-9293-424C-9D0E-CE60775679CF} (SubClassEditCtrlContainer Class) - https://sube.garanti.com.tr/lib/JaguarEditControl.CAB
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/...nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {78A730D4-0DF3-4B65-8DD2-BFCD433CEE30} - http://www.surfsecret.com/inst/PPInstaller.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{EC5FB767-944A-497F-85E5-A4332184FFAC}: NameServer = 195.175.37.14,212.156.2.70
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Proxy Service (ccPxySvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager (NISUM) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:18 PM

Please do both of the following before we start if possible!:

1) Please print off these intructions - they will be needed later when internet access is not available.
2) Save these instructions in word/notepad to the desktop where they can be easily found for the same reasons as above.
At the moment you may feel like you battling with your computer to keep it running smoothly, but doing the following things should most certainly help getting it back to how it was

Download KillBox here: http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip
Save it to your desktop.
DO NOT run it yet.

With IE closed, run Hijack This again.
Put a checkmark on these entries and hit "fix checked":

Boot into Safe Mode

Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it.
Now put a tick by Standard File Kill.
In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file.
It will ask for confimation to delete the file.
Click Yes.
Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\gcasDtServ.exe

Please Navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder.
Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder. (if you cannot delete some items it's fine!)

Then go to Start > Run and type %temp% in the Run box.
The Temp folder will open. Click Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options.
On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files".
Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK.
Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button.
Click Apply then OK.

Empty the Recycle Bin.

Reboot to normal mode

Download WindPFind

Extract WinPFind.zip to your c:\ folder.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode

Then open c:\WinPFind and double-click on WinPFind.exe.
When the program is open, click on the Start Scan button to start scanning your computer. Be patient as this scan may take a while.
When it is done, it will show a log and tell you the scan is completed. Reboot your computer back to normal mode and and post the contents of c:\WinPFind\WinPFind.txt as a reply to this topic, along with a new HJT log

David

#3 anesta2000

anesta2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

Hi David, I followed your instructions.

1) I fixed "O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasDtServ] gcasDtServ.exe" with HJT
2) Killbox couldnt find file "C:\WINDOWS\System32\gcasDtServ.exe" so it didint kill anything:)
3) deleted temp folders, empty recycle bin
4) I run winPFind but I got error "I/O error 1450" and computer freeze, I start again.

5) Also, I compare my clean HJT log I have before and this one.I dont have these ones in previous log. Are they dangerous?
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/...nst20040510.cab

Thanks for your help, waiting for your instructions.

here is my latest HJT log:
Scan saved at 19:57:54, on 06.11.2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O16 - DPF: {0FC8B38E-9293-424C-9D0E-CE60775679CF} (SubClassEditCtrlContainer Class) - https://sube.garanti.com.tr/lib/JaguarEditControl.CAB
O16 - DPF: {78A730D4-0DF3-4B65-8DD2-BFCD433CEE30} - http://www.surfsecret.com/inst/PPInstaller.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{EC5FB767-944A-497F-85E5-A4332184FFAC}: NameServer = 195.175.37.14,212.156.2.70
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Proxy Service (ccPxySvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager (NISUM) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

#4 anesta2000

anesta2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:56 PM

Hi again,
I've searched for "gcasDTserv.exe" and realized that it is a part of Giant Antispyware software. Also it is available in my clean HJT log I've taken before. Are you sure it is a part of a spyware?

the second point is that, I realize adaware freeze at CLSID\{096F54CF-6ED7-4725-AFBF-29C5AFF8BFAC}
does this help?

Thanks again, best regards.

#5 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:20 PM

gcasDTserv.exe

That entry is a legitimate Microsoft file - but, if it runs at start-u pit is a virus:

1) Please print off these intructions - they will be needed later when internet access is not available.
2) Save these instructions in word/notepad to the desktop where they can be easily found for the same reasons as above.

There is a bit to do on the log - i can almost guaruntee ewido will remove something - it's also a good free tool to keep in your arsenal! :thumbsup:

Please download ewido security suite it is a free version of the program.
  • Install ewido security suite
  • When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck.
    • Install background guard
    • Install scan via context menu
  • Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
  • The program will now open to the main screen.
  • When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
  • You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
    • On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
    • Then click on Start Update.
  • The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
    (the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful") Posted Image
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
ewido manual updates

Once the updates are installed do the following:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
  • Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
  • Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report.
  • Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.
Close ewido security suite.

Post a new HJT log and the ewido log at the end! :flowers:
David

#6 anesta2000

anesta2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:17 AM

HI DAVID,

1) HERE IS MY EWIDO REPORT:

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 18:12:34, 07.11.2005
+ Report-Checksum: CCD10413

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{62160EEF-9D84-4C19-B7B8-6AC2526CD726} -> Spyware.CoolWebSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8085E374-ACBB-42F9-873F-49EC7E244F97} -> Spyware.Hijacker.Generic : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{DE3BEBDB-AEE7-4277-8B6E-4EEFFA9508AE} -> Spyware.CoolWebSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\WinServAdX.Installer\CLSID\\ -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/WinadX.dll\\.Owner -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/WinadX.dll\\{15AD4789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/WinCtlAdX.dll\\.Owner -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/WinCtlAdX.dll\\{15AD4789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/WinServAdX.dll\\.Owner -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/WinServAdX.dll\\{15AD4789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/System32/mfc42.dll\\{9EB320CE-BE1D-4304-A081-4B4665414BEF} -> Spyware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/System32/msvcrt.dll\\{9EB320CE-BE1D-4304-A081-4B4665414BEF} -> Spyware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/System32/olepro32.dll\\{9EB320CE-BE1D-4304-A081-4B4665414BEF} -> Spyware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\DeviceClasses\{6994AD04-93EF-11D0-A3CC-00A0C9223196}\##?#PCI#VEN_8086&DEV_2445&SUBSYS_80951043&REV_04#3&61AAA01&0&FD#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\#Wave\Device Parameters\Mixer\14\Controls\1\\Channel Count -> Spyware.WebRebates : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-602162358-2049760794-682003330-1003\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\CmdMapping\\{BF69DF00-2734-477F-8257-27CD04F88779} -> TrojanDownloader.Wareout : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-602162358-2049760794-682003330-1003\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\\{08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} -> Spyware.SBSoft : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\xp\Cookies\xp@xxxcounter[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Xxxcounter : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\PestPatrol\Quarantine\20050725212908.zip/WINDOWS/mmwork.exe -> Spyware.MediaMotor : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\adult1.exe -> Dialer.Generic : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\AktiveSekurity.ocx -> Not-A-Virus.VirTool.Collector : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\miniclipGameLoader.dll -> TrojanDownloader.Small : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\ParisVoyeur.exe -> Dialer.Generic : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\se001.exe -> Dialer.Generic : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\R85HJMEP\silent_install[2].exe -> Spyware.EliteBar : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hdzjb.dll -> Not-A-Virus.HackTool.Hidd.k : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winldra.exe -> Backdoor.Dumador.az : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

2) HERE IS HJT LOG

Scan saved at 18:14:33, on 07.11.2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe

O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, WAITING FOR YOUR INSTRUCTIONS,
BEST REGARDS,

#7 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:32 PM

At the moment you may feel like you battling with your computer to keep it running smoothly, but doing the following things should most certainly help getting it back to how it was

Download KillBox here: http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip
Save it to your desktop.
DO NOT run it yet.

With IE closed, run Hijack This again.
Put a checkmark on these entries and hit "fix checked":

Boot into Safe Mode

Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it.
Now put a tick by Standard File Kill.
In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file.
It will ask for confimation to delete the file.
Click Yes.
Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\lsass.exe

use XP search to find this file:

gcasDtServ.exe

Please tell me if it finds any, how many it finds, and what the file paths are!

Please Navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder.
Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder. (if you cannot delete some items it's fine!)

Then go to Start > Run and type %temp% in the Run box.
The Temp folder will open. Click Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options.
On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files".
Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK.
Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button.
Click Apply then OK.

Empty the Recycle Bin.

Reboot to normal mode and post a new HJT log
David

#8 anesta2000

anesta2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:37 PM

Hi David,
I tried to kill lsass.exe and got a warning smtg like: "system terminated, comp. will be closed in xx sec."

so I couldnt do something. Any other advice?

I think I need to format :thumbsup:

#9 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:00 PM

Did you kill the exact lsass.exe with killbox?

Can i have a new HJT log

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users