Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting A New Graphic Card + Power Supply ( Need Suggestion )

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EdDyWuu

EdDyWuu

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:07 PM

Hello.
I am deciding that is time to update my graphic card and my power supply. I have some question and some help from you to help me decide to get the latest and good graphic card on a good money budget value.

My resolution is 1440x900. I play several games and looking for a graphic card that can at least handle with high settings at this resolution.
I did some research and found a couple of review and feedback about ATI 5750. My question is, is this card worth the money for gaming? The game i usually play is MW2 (the one i have trouble playing max settings with my current graphic card) TF2, League of Legends, and possibly the new upcoming game Call of Duty Blackops.

Will ATI 5750 worth the money and run all my games smooth or there is another better graphic card out there that outperforms this one?
Currently i also need to uppgrade to a new power supply. Any recommendation of a power supply and a graphic card?

My money budget is up to $250 max for both items.

Any help and comment will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:48 AM

That's a 19-inch monitor so the good news is the that at your current resolution, a super-powerful GPU with all the trimmings would probably be overkill. The bad news is that you may want one slightly more powerful than a Radeon 5750, though it may go slightly over your $250 budget. Here are a few suggestions:

Power supply:

OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W - It gets good reviews and should be more than enough for just about any single graphics card you want. $64
CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W - Corsair makes some great power supplies. I have one of these in a PC I built for my parents. $84 (Before $10 mail-in rebate)

Graphics Card:

ASUS EAH5750 FORMULA/2DI/1GD5/A Radeon HD 5750 1GB - A decent, though lower-end, graphics card for gaming. It will do, but if you have the cash, you may want to consider a better card. $124 (Before $20 mail-in rebate)
SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB - This is a mid-range card that will handle most games well. Whether or not you can play them with all of the eye candy turned on is another matter. $154
GIGABYTE GV-R583UD-1GD Radeon HD 5830 1GB - The Radeon 5830 is starting to get into the higher-level 58xx series of graphics cards. This is also a big graphics card. Depending on the cooler used, the card varies in length from 10.25 inches to 11 inches. Since this specific model uses a dual fan, I would say it is closer to 11 inches. Make sure your case has the required depth if you want to use this card. $189 (Before $20 mail-in rebate)
Palit NE5X460SF1102 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Sonic 1GB - If you want an Nvidia card or believe you might later want an SLI system, this is a good card. It competes against the Radeon 5830 and, in some cases, beats it. It also runs a bit cooler and quieter as well and is about 9 inches long. $229 (Before $30 mail-in rebate)

If you have the cash and the case to hold it, the Radeon 5830 and the GTX 460 are the two cards two consider. However, if you are running an old CPU or very little RAM, you will hit a bottleneck and even a very powerful GPU cannot overcome that. Also, my suggestions assume you are using a standard ATX case and not a special slimline or HTPC case, some of which require different hardware to be used.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users