Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add/remove Programs List

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BabyG

BabyG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:02 AM

Hi,

I am new to this forum group. I'm hoping you all can help me.

Is there any way to remove the name of a program from the Add/Remove list that is no longer on your computer?

Also, I have been trying to uninstall NetZero from my computer, and every time I try (through Add/Remove, Norton System Works, etc.), I get a message telling me I must be logged on as administrator, or have administrative privelages. This is a home computer, and the user that I am always logged on as, has full admin priveleges. I have tried logging on as admin, but it makes no difference.

I have ran spybot S&D, AdAware SE Personal, & Norton Virus Scan, all with the latest updates, so I know (or at least am pretty sure .... I think) it hasn't anything to do with spyware, adware, or a virus. So what could it be?

Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thank you, :thumbsup:
BabyG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:19 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Take a look at this:

http://www.uninstallplus.com/det.htm

There is a program called Uninstall Plus that you will be able to download a free trial of. It is pretty effective at uninstalling programs, or finishing the uninstall of programs that you have already tried and failed to uninstall.

Hope it helps! Let us know.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

One of our Tutorials:
How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add Remove Programs List

You can try to uninstall NetZero from Safe Mode.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 theantidote

theantidote

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:18 PM

Another thing you could try is reinstalling NetZero then uninstalling it. Usually that works if the uninstaller is corrupt.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

Just to add to your options:

RegCleaner (last freeware version here: http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/ (about 1/4 of the way down the page) says that it will do this.

Download Total Uninstall (last freeware version here: http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page10.html (about of the way down the page) has worked well for me - like so:

1) Remove all traces of the old program from your drive and registry WITHOUT taking any chances (and back them up too!)
2) Install Total Uninstall
3) Install the old program and monitor it with Total Uninstall
4) Use Total Uninstall to remove it - then use the log feature to identify for manual removal any items that it says it couldn't automatically remove.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users