I have been reading for the past two days on various sites and pages including here to remove the Security Suite virus myself. I think I may have messed up royally somewhat along the way and deleted some files in the registry (which of course I'm sure down the road will incur a re-appearance here! ) .
Anyways, here's what I have done to date before I have finally decided to seek help (should have done this sooner - *doh* but one cannot account for natural born PC stupidity
A. Ctrl-delete-alt and removed the v$#&*@(&$# process from TASK MANAGER so that it would stop popping crap up on my screen.
B. Also did the NO PROXY setting on internet since that Security Stoopid Suite keeps putting the 127.0.0.0 whatever on there
1. Ran iexplore.exe (virus still there)
2. Ran rkill (didn't do much as I'm sure i wasn't doing it right)
3. Downloaded the mbam-setup.exe (ran that for what seemed hours last night - fell asleep only to find that it had crashed along the way this morning).
4. Ran that again, only to find that it found nothing after 3 hours
5. Read for next steps on many various alternate solutions for removal was to rmit.exe ( that didn't seem to do too much)
6. Finally came across another solution that said run the HIJACKtool file
7. Ran that and that seemed to bring up a slew of files but the person on the website said "LOAD THE FILE UP TO THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES LISTED .. bleepingcomputer being one of them to get it analyzed before I start crazily removing and hitting FIX IT.
In between those steps removed what I thought were suspicious files on the registry. Anyways, I'm sure they were not because the virus is still there.
So here I am. Messed up PC. Tired and still with the annoying Security Suite virus.
HELP? Please? Would be grateful. Just realized i don't know how to upload the log file here. Do i copy and paste the contents?