Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Unable to send

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SunilD

SunilD

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

I have Verizon DSL and Xp Machine. My Outlook is set to use our own website server for incoming and outgoing emails.

My Internet connection is fine. I am also able to receive all emails. It is only outgoing ports which seem to be blocked.

Incoming port is 110 outgoing was 25 but I tried with 26 and 587 as well.

Also when I try to connect to our webmail using port 2095 it times out.
Trying to connect our website Control Panel over 2082 also times out

However I am able to connect to webmail and Control Panel the old way over port 40 and 80.

I called Verizon DSL and they said they do not see any problem on their end.
I called my web hosting company and they also said that there is no problem on their end. and there must be something on my computer.

I do not have any separate firewall running. I have Symantec Endpoint Protection which is showing everything is fine.

I am not sure where to look for such blockage. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sunil.

Edited by Andrew, 03 September 2010 - 03:39 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved From XP - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fueL

fueL

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:54 PM

Does your web hosting provider suggest any specific ports to use for incoming and outgoing email? You could ask if they support SSL encryption for outgoing servers and attempt to use encryption w/ their port for it. Our web host had us do this once before when we were having issues sending mail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users