Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems with my mp3 player

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 clauswe

clauswe

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

I have Windows Vista, and the mp3 players are :

http://www.focalprice.com/detail_EM107R.html
problems are discused here : http://forums.focalprice.com/TopicList.aspx?threadid=16966

http://www.focalprice.com/detail_EM449S.html
problems are discused here : http://forums.focalprice.com/TopicList.aspx?threadid=16965

the players are charged but not recognised by the PC ....

:flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:

thanks for your help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

Hi :thumbsup: to Bleepingcomputer!

Well does anything in vista come up when you plug them in?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 clauswe

clauswe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi :thumbsup: to Bleepingcomputer!

Well does anything in vista come up when you plug them in?

no, the red mp3 player is recognised after 10 minutes but it does not work anylonger if it is not connected from the PC. And when it was recognised I noticed that the menu was in japanese! So I am really lost.

The other mp3, the small one is not recognised but the batery is charging

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:30 PM

Well from what I see those are not the best looking players and might have a defect or are broken from the factory, do they have a warranty if they do then I would return them for a replacement or a repair, they are from china which could be why the language is in Japaneses.

Edited by computerxpds, 03 September 2010 - 01:33 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

I had a similar issue with my Sansa player...it was recognized immediately on one system, while the other did not recognize it.

Are you connecting to rear or front USB ports? If front, try the rear ports.

Louis

#6 clauswe

clauswe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

I had a similar issue with my Sansa player...it was recognized immediately on one system, while the other did not recognize it.

Are you connecting to rear or front USB ports? If front, try the rear ports.

Louis

I was also told by the PC to change port but the situation is the same.

I am trying to upgrade the PC to Windows 7 and see if there will be any change at taht time

thanks for advice

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

When my situation happened...I did a number of things...including uninstalling the USB controllers, deleting unused devices/drivers in Device Manager, and expressing much irritation :thumbsup:.

Eventually, something worked because I now can connect it satisfactoritly to both of my desktops.

Both of my systems were in XP at the time.

Louis

#8 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

Judging from the fact that the menu appears in Japanese, it appears that you may have gotten players intended for the Japanese market. The seller may have mixed up a batch, or they may be "gray market" players. If they are under warranty then I think the advice to get an RMA is the best way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users