Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Does Not Boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pokerrun

Pokerrun

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

I have a Dell laptop with a Vista operating system that will not boot. The solution is to remove the power lead, remove the battery and hold down the power button will holding the laptop upside down. It would seem to be an issue with the laptop retaining some residual charge which is preventing the laptop from booting. The power drain procedure does allow the laptop to boot but this procedure is required everytime I turn on the laptop. What am I missing? Is there a fix for this? I might also add that recently I replaced the hard drive due to failure. Not sure what killed the hard drive.

Edited by hamluis, 05 September 2010 - 08:37 AM.
Moved from Vista forum to Internal Hardware ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

Hello I have found this post several pages back and wanted to bring it up to the forefront.

Do you still need advice with this problem?

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 unilie

unilie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

Hi,

I’m experiencing the same problem with my Dell laptop (Inspiron).

It was sent back twice to Dell (covered by warranty). The first time the motherboard and the cover were replaced. The second time they sent a new adapter with it.

When I got the laptop back it worked fine for one day and then…same problem.

Every time I have to drain the flea power to be able to start the laptop. I don’t even bother to place the battery in anymore. This way I just have to remove the power adaptor and press the start button for 20 sec and then put the power adaptor back and it works.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users