Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

exception occured in firefox.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 msrrahul

msrrahul

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

hello everybody,
i was using mozilla firefox without any error occurence until i installed visual studio 2008. after installing visual studio a year ago, an error used to occur as depicted in snap shots added.the error causes firefox to be closed and start debugging in visual studio and further the debugging never got completed and the same event use to occur every time i opened firefox but when i had uninstalled it, there was no error in firefox and it was working again smoothly. but now from june 2010 i have observed that even after uninstalling visual studio , the same error occurs again in the same manner and when i install visual studio again the problem still persists. the version of visual studio i used every time was visual studio 2008 itself.
so i seek solution or this trouble.
i appreciate all responses from everybody.
thanks !!

Edited by Andrew, 03 September 2010 - 03:21 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved From Tips & Tricks - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

This seems to be a relatively common problem with Visual Studio when Firefox is installed along with certain Firefox addons. The most commonly reported Firefox addon to cause this problem is AVG's Safe Search/Search Shield addon. If you have this addon installed, try disabling it and restarting Firefox. If the crashes stop, then you found your culprit.

If crashes continue, then use the Addon manager in Firefox to disable all addons. Once they are disabled, start re-enabling them one at a time to see which one causes the crash. Once you've found the culprit you can remove it.

#3 msrrahul

msrrahul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:58 AM

superb...!!
thanks a tonne..!! :thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users