Hello! I am new to this forum, however I've been reading through some threads for a while now......my googling to fix my current computer problems
led me here...I'm pretty computer savvy, and up until now have never come across a problem I couldn't fix on my own, or fix with a little bit of online research through forums. I hate to be so detailed, but I don't seem to have just one issue going on, and none of my AV programs are resolving the issues. So here goes...
My #1 problem - I have a refurbished Dell Latitude d510, OS - Windows XP Service Pack 3. My particular model does NOT have a restore partition, so that option is out. I can't afford to buy all of the necessary discs/product keys to start fresh, either. And I can't afford to take this headache to someone else. Which brings me to my series of problems....
It began when I hopped to different sites to watch online videos of my fave TV show. Because I couldn't find all of the episodes on trusted sites, I **cringe** went to other sites that had the videos...and apparently nasty surprises. I wasn't watching porn, however I've noticed in my research that some of my problems mimic those that people get when they get on questionable porn sites.
Current AV programs I'm using:
Events, in order:
1. Rogue scanner
called AV something popped up in my icon tray, and mistakenly thought it was my AVG at first and clicked on the message. Big OOPSY!. It disabled anything I tried to do, so I found and downloaded rkill on my desktop and burned to disc. Between rkill and my AV programs, I managed to knock that one out. There may still be some remnant files left...
2. Used rkill log to locate files, selected those files in particular to be quick-scanned by Malware and AVG, but both said no threat detected. Yet a search online of those file names clearly showed that they were malicious. (rkill log at bottom)
3. Ran MalwareBytes and AVG Free to clean up.
4. Tried to System Restore back to a date which I knew was prior to visiting those sites and getting the infection. Every time, every date I tried, it would go through the restore process only to tell me at the end that it could not be restored to that date, try again.
5. My computer will NOT start in ANY version of Safe Mode. Gets halfway through loading system32 files and freezes. Only thing I can do then is hold down power button to turn it off.
6. Downloaded SUPERantispyware and Spybot and used all 4 AV programs to scan my computer....came up with a few things that they fixed, but my computer still insanely slow, and one of the infections must be a Hijacker, because I'm always getting redirected when I'm online (I use Mozilla Firefox).
7. Downloaded Firefox add-on No-Script to at least disable scripts on pages I'm redirected to.
8. I am now getting AVG popups telling me about various Trojans found on my computer but AVG says it cannot heal them.
9. And I just left lappy on while I was typing this from my desktop....and I started hearing voices come from my lappy (saw that in google research, thought it was hilarious, until now!!). Didn't have any programs or internet up at the time.
I need serious help! I'd like to use Hijackthis to make a log of running processes, but this would be my first shot at it. But like I said, I'm pretty computer savvy and I learn quickly.
Given my current problems, what's the next order of steps??? I've read through a lot of threads, and I've hit a wall. So redirecting me to other peoples' topics won't help. Links to instructions for using hijackthis or whatever next step you suggest would be helpful though. I don't want anyone to have to retype instructions that can be found elsewhere.
Thanks so much in advance!
C:\Documents and Settings\Shawna Kimberly\Application Data\SystemProc\lsass.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Shawna Kimberly\Local Settings\Application Data\itemqluqf\hvdoicptssd.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Shawna Kimberly\Application Data\7F6C081C7F495C8E2739E8F79F407D59\setupupdate70700.exe