Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos sent via email

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LYNNE20-10

LYNNE20-10

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

Hey,
I've took some short video clips on my camera and want to send the via email but my hotmail only lets me send 17mb. How can I make the video clip shorter? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Barajiqal

Barajiqal

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

What format is the video in?

-bar
"I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" - (Verse 32 Chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita) Robert J Oppenheimer

"Any Man Who Has a Habit and Cannot Bear to Share it Should not Have the Habit at All" - Misqoute From Rolland of Gillead in the Stephen King Series The Dark Tower

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

An alternative to making it shorter would be to use you send it

The free version would work for you as it will allow up to 100mb to be sent.

You specify who you want to send the file to, select the file, then Send It. It will then be uploaded and sent.

The receipient will receive an email with the subject You have received a file from (your name) via YouSendIt.

He/she can then click the download link in the mail, and download the file to his/her computer.

It would also be a good idea for you to email the receipients and let them know that you did indeed send the file via you send it and it is safe to download it.

edited to correct spelling error

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 September 2010 - 07:49 AM.

#4 LYNNE20-10

LYNNE20-10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

Cheers will try yousend it. Is it a safe thing to do? And it windows media player it opens in and just says video clip as type of file. One day I might be ale to help someone else with all this knowledge from you guys

Thanks for the replies x

Edited by LYNNE20-10, 03 September 2010 - 08:55 PM.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

It is safe to use yousendit.

However, the same warnings about not opening attachments from people you don't know applies with yousendit. If you don't know who sent the file, do not open it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users