With the Hiren's Boot CD
there is posibility to get back to your files to backup them
, there are tools available to destroy the malware files
* Hirens Boot CD starts from a CD, and looks like XP version.
You need a computer by a friend or another computer of yours and a blank CD.
- You can download the Hiren's boot CD on http://www.hirensbootcd.net/download.html
Look on and click on: + Direct HTTP Mirror
To burn the Hiren's BootCD you can use the software below.
- Extract the ISO image file (named like Hiren's.BootCD.xx.x.iso) file from the zip archive (named like Hirens.BootCD.xx.x.zip ) you have downloaded.
- Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD writer.
- Open BurnCDCC, Click BrowseŁand then select the ISO file you have extracted from the zip archive.
- Click Start to start burning.
- Put your Hiren's BootCD in the infected/damaged computer when rebooting.
- The computer will ask for booting from CD. Do this so the CD would load.
- Note: If the CD doesn't start your boot order isn't set correctly. Reply if this occur.
Backup your important files in the mini XP version of Hirens Boot CD.
Do not back up any files with the following file extensions: exe, .scr, .ini, .htm, .html, .php, .asp, .xml, .zip, .rar, .cab as they may be infected. 3)
Try to run MBAM (Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware) with the Hiren's boot CD
Edited by Driesiooo, 03 September 2010 - 08:36 AM.