Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Won't load Youtube videos/missing Rundll.32

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy James

Jeremy James

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:35 AM

Hey guys,

I have a laptop that won't load videos on Youtube or other video related sites. Thinking it may be a RAM issue, I restarted the computer and went to START, and then, right clicked on MY COMPUTER to determine the amount of RAM on the machine, and I got the following message: Windows cannot find ......../rundll32.exe. (Periods represent the root directory.)

I don't know what affect one has on the other.

This computer is relatively clean - It has Webroot Antivirus with AntiSpyware and a utility called ControlCenter3.

I think it has a search bar or two installed - specifically, Ask.com combined with Webroot, as well as something that showed up as Windows was loading.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Jeremy

Edited by hamluis, 03 September 2010 - 07:56 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

System manufacturer and model?

<<...won't load videos on Youtube or other video related sites....>>

Does that mean that videos on your hard drive run properly?

Error messages (exact wording, please) when you try to run a video on Youtube?

How much RAM is installed? Right-click on My Computer, select Properties.

Louis

#3 Barajiqal

Barajiqal

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

Also just as a side note ControlCenter3 is a brother printer related utility no some for of Anti-virus/spyware

-Bar
"I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" - (Verse 32 Chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita) Robert J Oppenheimer

"Any Man Who Has a Habit and Cannot Bear to Share it Should not Have the Habit at All" - Misqoute From Rolland of Gillead in the Stephen King Series The Dark Tower

#4 Jeremy James

Jeremy James
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

When I right click on My Computer under START and then PROGRAMS, I get the error message 'Windows Cannot find c:\windows\system32\rundll32. Make sure you typed the file name correctly, and try again. Top search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

Additionally, I ran MBAM and this is the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4534

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

9/3/2010 7:48:22 AM
mbam-log-2010-09-03 (07-48-22).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 130387
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 45 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 16
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 7
Files Infected: 7

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{cf54be1c-9359-4395-8533-1657cf209cfe} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{147a976f-eee1-4377-8ea7-4716e4cdd239} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a4730ebe-43a6-443e-9776-36915d323ad3} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{d518921a-4a03-425e-9873-b9a71756821e} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00a6faf1-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00a6faf6-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{00a6faf1-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{63d0ed2c-b45b-4458-8b3b-60c69bbbd83c} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FocusInteractive (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fun Web Products (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\{00a6faf6-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\mywebsearch plugin (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\f3PSSavr.scr (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3AUXSTB.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3DLGHK.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOESTB.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\s_pid.dat (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#5 Jeremy James

Jeremy James
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Also, when I minimize everything, there is a bar at the top that has "downloads" in it, as well as some of the various audio and video files that this computer has. They play just fine.

#6 Jeremy James

Jeremy James
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

I fixed the bar at the top, as well as the Rundll32.exe problem. It was in another directory on this computer, so, I copied and pasted it. I hope it was not corrupt.

So, we are left with one issue - Videos on Youtube do not play all the time. I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users