Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

posting here

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:13 AM

I'm new to this message boarding...and I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know how to operate this dang thang....HELP???
I don't know how to do a signature that is different than the one below...(fancy, like you guys have....I'm jealous :trumpet: )
and any attempts that I have made to change font, size, or color...have failed...
it just prints font size or color--those words
I tried to download some other kinds of smilies....daaa....how does that work, and how do you insert them?
:thumbsup:
I'm interested in expanding my repertoire, and I'd be willing to bet there are other people that would like to have this knowledge.
:flowers:
noonytunes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:27 AM

You want a cool sig? Im you um......cow! LOL You just type in my control panel,go down and to the left will be edit my sig. Next click it and there will be that little white box. What am I saying you know how to get there! What do you want in your sig?
Liek these type of things?
Posted Image

#3 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:48 AM

scusie...where do i type in my control panel...i know i can click on it here at this site...but then i don't know what to do once i click on edit my sig....
did you mean to go to your site to get a sig...
i think i'm second cousin to phawg this a.m. :thumbsup:
noonytunes

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:59 AM

When you use the color, font, and any of the tags, you have to close them, for them to work.
Examples:
[/B]
[/COLOR]
[/FONT]

You can either do this manually, or with "Close all Tags", up next to the "COLOR" window, where you compose your message.

You can go to the "Test and Scribbles" forum, at the bottom of the board, to practice. That's what it's there for. When you get it the way you like it, then you can put it in your sig.

If you need any more help, just holler.

Edited by tg1911, 10 October 2004 - 09:00 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:09 AM

noonytunes.. it also makes a difference what browser you use. Which one are you using? But tg1911 is right. You must close your tags to get the font size and colors to work.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:25 AM

If you want to add a smiley. You must first save the image to your Hard Drive. Then you will need to up load it to a Photo Hosting Site. I use Photo Bucket Then you can link from there. If you have any question's, feel free to ask.

Edited by Scarlett, 15 February 2006 - 06:01 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

Hopefully this will help those of you who would like an easy way to create a personal signature.
This is a simple, free, online site that will allow you to do so.
On the home page click on > Render Logo.......... Which will bring u to >choose a style............. Click on the style of your choice............... Now the next page will open, where you will edit all choices........... Which are >Logo Text, Font, Text Color, Background Color, Background Texture, & File Format......... You will see (Edit) after each one............. Click Edit after each selection............. The first choice > Logo Text...... < Click on Edit ........ Then clear it and type in the name....... Then click> Set Text........ Next click> Edit after >Font ........ Choose your Font......... Click Set Text........ And so on and so forth. When you are done, click on > Render Logo. .........It will then Render (Create) your Signature........... Right click on finished logo and click on >save picture as. ......Clear box , then name it and then click> save............. For instance ( Scarlett_Sig._1.jpg )............. This will make it easy to find when you are ready to upload it to a Photo Hosting Site....
Link; Cool_Text

This is how I created my sig.

Edited by Scarlett, 15 February 2006 - 06:02 PM.

Posted Image

#8 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:24 AM

:thumbsup: :flowers: Noonytoons--You are right on--there are others who are anxiously are trying to learn--(me for instance)--about the "opening and closing tags"-- needed for changing fonts--That is HTML coding. I am busy learning basic HTML coding--about 2/3 the way thru a basic 9 lesson course (free-online) We/I can direct you to one of the better/free learning sites--it's not hard--it's hands on--making little web pages with all sorts of bizzzare fonts and colors!! What fun :trumpet: Click on Show All on the bottom of the Clickable Smilies box for a whole bunch more of them--just learned this 2 days ago--- :inlove: :cool:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#9 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,593 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:29 AM

Hi noonytunes

First let me say thanks for sticking around and becoming part of the community here.

Second, you're not the only one with these types of questions. I've actually learned something reading this thread and I've been a forum gypsy for a while. One of these days I would like to get up a tutorial on all the features of these type message boards and how to use them. There is a "BB Code Help" link in the left column when you are on the reply page, but it doesn't cover much.

However, what you are asking about signatures you'll need to learn a little about BB Code-which is sort of like HTML but different. This formats text into things like
bold, color and

Quoting text in a box.

Play around with it in Tests amd Scribbles--and you don't have to even go into you board Control Panel to test formatting. The code buttons work pretty much the same when you write out a reply and when editing your sig.

Check to see if everything is working like you want it by clicking the Preview Post button.

One easy way to learn is to see how others are formatting. If you see a post and wonder how that person did what he did, click on the "Quote" button at the top right of each post. Scroll down a little and you can see how that person used tags to achieve what they did. This won't work for signatures, just the posts themselves.

Have fun! :thumbsup:

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#10 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:44 AM

Here's a place that has a good explaination of "BB code".

loveshack.org
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:25 PM

Like once you find a thing you want to add to your sig host it on photbucket or imageshack. Then get the link and put it in your sig. Its like a img tah here is a example
Oh well it wont let me you just add the link and put[img] first then last [:thumbsup:/img]
Hope it shows when I post....
I can build you some sigs if you want?

#12 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:42 PM

Thanks so much for all of your responses...I appreciate it.
Think I'll practice and search the recommended sites as soon as I enter into a state of alertness.... :flowers:
You all are great--such a wonderful group of people here.... glad I found yas
noonytunes

#13 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:42 PM

:flowers: Thanks so much Scarlett...I've been working on it... still have some things to get down...
Papakid...yvw....I can't believe I've found a home in a puter place :trumpet: , not my usual venue...
Pandy...I use Mozilla Firefox sometimes and IE sometimes....what difference does it make?
EdBee...I am interested in the free online basic HTML coding---God knows I need something :thumbsup:
soooooooo, if I did something right....should have a new siggy here....(not to be confused with ciggy)
noonytunes

#14 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:38 PM

Noonytoons: http://davesite.com

I have been using also E-Learning.com--they have a list of free courses one of which is HTML :thumbsup: :flowers:

EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#15 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:46 PM

Someone (on this post?) recently pointed out that any coded message tags must be closed out. Back when I was a newbie I tried to use these codes-but everytime failure!! I wasn't closing the tags--I had no clue. Then after about 6 lessons on HTML I got it. Before that I couldn't even spell jenius now I are one!!!! :flowers: :trumpet: :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users