Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Gmail feature

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

One of several articles on the feature. This one from PCMag:

Google this week announced the beta of a new feature for Gmail, called Priority Inbox, a mail-organizing tool designed to bring messages users care most about to the forefront.

The opt-in feature will start showing up in Gmail accounts as a featured link in the upper-right of the inbox. While all Webmail services try to filter out blatant spam, players like Gmail and Hotmail are going further than this lately, targeting not only spam, but also "bologna" and "bacn" - or e-mail that isn't exactly junk mailólike those travel newsletters you signed up foróbut isn't a priority either.

Complete article here: Hands On with Gmail Priority Inbox By: Michael Muchmore 09.01.2010

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

I haven't been able to test this yet as the link has not shown up in my inbox. But it seems like it would be a cool and useful feature. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Just got the link in the inbox on one account. Here is the link to the Gmail help topic on it.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.p...29809&hl=en

Have not experimented with the feature yet.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

Yeah I just got it today and same I havent had the time or want to use it so it stays off for now. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 CStew23

CStew23

• Members
  • 1,484 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

Saw this the other day when logging in to gmail. Pretty awesome if you have so many people emailing you and you want to read certain ones first
Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!
If you have not heard from me in 48 hours please use this and send me a PM reminder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users