Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm confused about how to properly set up computer speakers with my Xbox 360 and LCD monitor.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 andrewset

andrewset

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

I'm confused about how to properly set up computer speakers with my Xbox 360 and LCD monitor.

I have the console hooked up to the LCD monitor via a HDMI cable, and I was getting volume as normal that way, through the monitor's own speakers, but, even at the max volume, some games are too low, so I decided to attempt to go the route of using computer speakers connected to the LCD monitor to hopefully act as the audio instead of the monitor's speakers.

I just received computer speakers I purchased online and plugged everything in where they belong, but the volume is simply coming out of the monitor's speakers like before. I'm totally new to this sort of setup, so is there some detail I'm missing somewhere? Or perhaps this sort of setup isn't even possible? (I assume it's possible because the monitor itself has a green audio jack/hole in the back, as if for optional speakers.)

The LCD monitor is an ASUS VH236, and the speakers are Packard Bell Platinum JBL Series.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users