Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rogue Program Ad On Bc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 05 November 2005 - 04:11 PM

Imagine my surprise when I saw a Google ad in the forum (one of the automatic ads near the top of the page) advertising Adware Alert. According to this site: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-s...re.htm#products Adware Alert is a rogue program that should be avoided.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:22 AM

Unfortunately we do not have 100% control over the ads that show via google. For the most part they are clean ads, but sometimes one pops up. If you see an ad that is considered "bad", right click on the link and copy it as reply here so I can add it to the filter list.

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:30 PM

Ok, mang!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users