Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Session3_initializaion_failed

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 aa1

aa1

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

Just after the loading screen of windows xp(Sp3) , the pc restarts, if i choose in f8 menu ( i think) to not restart after failure i get the BSOD

"Session3_initializaion_failed"

The last thing i did just at the last time windows was working, was to disable the wire internet connection ( it said it was disconnected or something, so iv been trying to fix it, just after the disable step, I restarted winXP, and since then i get the auto restarts, OR bsod if i choose in the F8 menu not to restart after system failure

Right now im on Osx on the same computer (i have win and OSx on the same pc..) so I have access to windows folders.

Than you very much!

hope you can understand my english :thumbsup:

Edited by aa1, 01 September 2010 - 11:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

H aai, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I would help if you would post the make and model of this computer.

Do have the installation CD for XP?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 aa1

aa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

H aai, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I would help if you would post the make and model of this computer.

Do have the installation CD for XP?

CPU:Intel Core 2 DUO E4300@3GHZ (Overclocked)
Motherboard:Gigabyte 965p-DS3
GPU:NVIDIA 7900GS EXTREME
RAM:G.Skill 2GB 4CL 800MHZ
Hard Disks:WD 2500KS (250GB) --- windows xp
SAMSUNG HD103SJ (1TB) --- Os X
Disk drive:LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42N

I can get a cd installation, but I have access to windows files (os x)

Thank you !

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,482 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

If you can get to the page with the option to stop automatic restarts you should be able to choose the options for Last Known Good Configuration, try that.

If you can't access the Last Known Good Configuration and can get a XP installation CD which is the same as the version that you have installed, Home or Pro, you can do a repair installation. This will not affect your data.

Boot the computer from the XP CD. You may need to change boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.

When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
You do not want to choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R.

Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair isn't one of the option end the installation, this will mean that you will need to do a fresh installation of XP.

The repair will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot, the repair installation will continue after the reboot.

Just curious, you have mentioned your English, what country are you from?

Edited by dc3, 02 September 2010 - 12:10 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 aa1

aa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

If you can get to the page with the option to stop automatic restarts you should be able to choose the options for Last Known Good Configuration, try that.

If you can't access the Last Known Good Configuration and can get a XP installation CD which is the same as the version that you have installed, Home or Pro, you can do a repair installation. This will not affect your data.

Boot the computer from the XP CD. You may need to change boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.

When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
You do not want to choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R.

Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair isn't one of the option end the installation, this will mean that you will need to do a fresh installation of XP.

The repair will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot, the repair installation will continue after the reboot.

Just curious, you have mentioned your English, what country are you from?

I tried "Last Known Good Configuration" option, but it didn't help, it just booted again

I booted from my current windows XP installation disk, but it has some bad sys file=[ Posted Image
Ill try to get another one..

I google about this BSOD, and commenter suggested to replace these files:

There are three possibilities for these missing files that result in
the SESSION3 or SESSION5 type message:

Windows\System32\smss.exe <--most likely, so replace this one first
Windows\System32tdll.dll
Windows\System32toskrnl.exe

I inserted my windows xp installation, and i have access to these files, you think i should try to replace them ?

to your last question, I'm from israel.

Thanks.

Edited by aa1, 02 September 2010 - 01:10 PM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,482 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

I would to the repair installation, it will take care of any damaged or corrupted files as long there isn't a problem with the hdd.

#7 aa1

aa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

I would to the repair installation, it will take care of any damaged or corrupted files as long there isn't a problem with the hdd.

Ok i have a new disk, but its service pack 2, would it repair my windows xp service pack 3 ???

thank you!

Edited by aa1, 02 September 2010 - 01:45 PM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,482 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

No. You will still have to install the service pack 3.

One option is to do the installation, and then go to Microsoft and download the SP3.

Another option would be to download the SP3 and slipstream it into the installation.

#9 aa1

aa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

I used the sp2 version, it identified windows installation, i chose " repair" , after the repairing process, it booted and started an " upgrade installation", looks like the windows xp first installation, it worked well and i could enter my old user,
after i logged in, i uninstalled my avg antivirus (it had some problem with the license..), after that i installed service pack 3 (i kept it from the previous time)..
after restarting.. i have the same problem... restarting after loading winXP.. ( and BSOD if i choose not to restart ater system failure.. ) this time it was another blue screen: Posted Image

i repeated the repair process two times.. but i steel got BSOD ( not the session3.. a new one)
I also can log in by "Safe Mode" which i couldn't before.

last thing i forget, while the upgrade installation, i was required to navigate and find some EXE audio realtek driver (rtlupd.exe), i didn't find any exe file.. so the installation just moved on..

Thank you!

Edited by aa1, 02 September 2010 - 07:03 PM.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,482 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

If you can boot into Safe Mode try doing a System Restore, choose a date which was before this problem began.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.

The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

#11 aa1

aa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

If you can boot into Safe Mode try doing a System Restore, choose a date which was before this problem began.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.

The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

unfortunately I did again the repair process , and i can no longer go into a safe mode,the loading files just freeze, the last file is "bthidbus.sys" :'(

i google about "bthidbus.sys", and i found its a driver for the Bluetooth Human Interface Device driver, in the upgrade installation, i had some massage about bluetooth which i dont remember, but i can "repair" it again, and see what exactly it says.. you think that would help?

Edited by aa1, 02 September 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,482 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

Can you boot into the normal mode?

#13 aa1

aa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

no, its just keeping auto restarts, if i choose disable auto restart... it doesn't and i get bsod ( the last one i mention, and uploaded..)

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,482 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

If you had the proper installation disk and failed to perform a repair installation I have to wonder what shape you hdd is in.

If you know what the manufacturer of you hdd, go to their web site and down load their diagnostic tool, copy it to a CD, and run it on your computer. I should be a bootable CD.

#15 aa1

aa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

My installation cd was good, as i said i had another one..

Ill run a diagnostic tool by usuing "Hiren's boot", and report the results soon

i think that BSOD may happens because of the sp2 repair, maybe sp3 repair would worked..

thank you!

Edited by aa1, 02 September 2010 - 09:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users