Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The new ipod's

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

So now that apple reveled their new iPod line up, what does everyone think of the new iPods? I like the new iPod touch, the nano is kind of a loss to me, I always liked the click wheel, I think the new "nano touch" as it has been deemed is a little on the side of how far can apple take the touch screen with out it being more of an annoyance than an aid, the nano has no advantage to having a touch screen, I think that apple will lose out on the nano just because it now has no camera and it is too small for me. But I did enjoy seeing jobs make a mistake here and their calling the nano a touch and the new shuffle a nano. :thumbsup: So what are you're opinions on the new "I" devices? I myself need to save up and get a new iPod touch, mine has taken a heavy beating in the 5 years that I have had it. :flowers:

Edit: also anyone waiting for iTunes 10 it is now downloadable via apples website. :trumpet:

Edited by computerxpds, 01 September 2010 - 09:29 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

I'm glad i got the Nano 5th Gen! Because the new one looks Horrible!!!!!!!

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:25 PM

I really dont like the new nano either, it seems like it would be a pain to use specially while you are running or walking. I do as said love the new iPod touch. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 TheTechDude

TheTechDude

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

I love the new iPod Touch and am going out to get the 32GB one on day one. I think that the new iPod nano is a huge step in the wrong direction for Apple because I liked the click wheel and use it on my current 3rd generation iPod Nano. I think that the Shuffle went the right direction.

#5 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

Yeah the shuffle needs the controls so that you are not tied to that certain pair of headphones.
sigcomp.png 

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

Still prefer my 6th gen 160 GB iPod Classic to all the newest ones. They need to up the storage capacity on the Touch to 120GB at least before I'll look at one.

Posted Image

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

Yeah but you know how much that would bump up the price and I wounder if there is enough space to have that much memory.
sigcomp.png 

#8 CStew23

CStew23

• Members
  • 1,484 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

Agree with jnk. They leave a bit to be desired.
Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!
If you have not heard from me in 48 hours please use this and send me a PM reminder.

#9 TheTechDude

TheTechDude

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

I just got the iPod Touch 4th Generation today, and i have to say that it is probable the best iPod to come from Apple. It is very quick to respond and it has the best display that I have every seen on a mobile device and overall it is a great device.

#10 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

Yes well I will have to wait till Christmas, but yes they should be very fast as they have the apple A4 chip in it! Which is 1GHZ strong! And I believe it has 1 GB of total ram? Or maybe it was 512 MB.
sigcomp.png 

#11 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

I've been using MP3 players since I got my Creative Nomad Jukebox II (10 GB hard disk, about as big as a portable CD player), about eight years ago. I currently have a couple of Creative players for serious listening, a Sansa Clip on the bed stand, and a couple cheap little "no name" players for spoken word podcasts. Since I use my players exclusively for audio files, and I get my music from a variety of sources, most of the features of the new (and old) Ipod product line are lost on me.

Of course, my wife and kids have Ipods, mostly because it's easier to manage them with Itunes -- although they have occasionally used them to watch videos, etc. Still, we won't be getting a new Ipod until an old Ipod dies.

#12 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

Yeah the wont get a new one until the old one dies is me as well as my mom and my iPod that I have now is on its way out plus it is just getting to slow.
sigcomp.png 

#13 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

So now that apple reveled their new iPod line up, what does everyone think of the new iPods? I like the new iPod touch, the nano is kind of a loss to me, I always liked the click wheel, I think the new "nano touch" as it has been deemed is a little on the side of how far can apple take the touch screen with out it being more of an annoyance than an aid, the nano has no advantage to having a touch screen, I think that apple will lose out on the nano just because it now has no camera and it is too small for me. But I did enjoy seeing jobs make a mistake here and their calling the nano a touch and the new shuffle a nano. :thumbsup: So what are you're opinions on the new "I" devices? I myself need to save up and get a new iPod touch, mine has taken a heavy beating in the 5 years that I have had it. :flowers:

Edit: also anyone waiting for iTunes 10 it is now downloadable via apples website. :trumpet:

What causes the iPod to lose instant appeal to me:

1. It's an Apple product.
2. It requires Apple software to be installed on your computer just to use it.

#14 face pirate

face pirate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

What causes the iPod to lose instant appeal to me:

1. It's an Apple product.
2. It requires Apple software to be installed on your computer just to use it.

Same here

I think the new iPod nano looks great, and its fun to play with, but its nowhere near as useful as the previous iPod nano
Posted Image

Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

#15 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

Yeah Nano is a no go for me but I want the new touch, they (apple) made a mistake getting rid of the click wheel and video camera. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users