Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on Startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 veio

veio

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

Hey people,

I've run out of ideas on why my brothers computer blue screens mid game - last night the computer started blue screening on startup.. it would get through to loading windows, just before the user login screen, and reboot... sometimes flashing a blue screen..

Here is the setup - it's no older than 8-9 months..

AMD Phenom II 550
Western Digital 320G
Asus M4A78LT-M-LE, AMD 760G/AM3/mATX
G.SKILL Twin Pack 2x1gig (2gig Total) DDR3 1600Mhz
9800GT
Windows 7 32Bit

As of last night the computer won't boot past that screen. What should I be doing/testing?

Thank you for your help and time.

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

Hello,

Was there an error message with that blue screen? I would start by taking out any PCI cards first try booting and see what happens. If those are not the problem I would take out one stick of ram try again. If you still get the bosd take out that ram and test the other stick. If you still get the bosd then if you don't have an onboard video card try another card if that don't work test the power supply or try another power supply.

If that don't work let me know.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

Restart the computer and as it is restarting press F8 continuously and enter safe mode with networking. if it does not blue screen while you are in safe mode then do this:

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply. :huh:

Edited by computerxpds, 02 September 2010 - 08:57 AM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users