Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desk Top

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 p&dora

p&dora

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:41 PM

Hello All: I have a problem and I do not know how it happened. I took some pictures with my digital camera and downloaded them into My Pictures. Somehow they have got on to my desk top. When I click on properties and then desk top, there are the pictures. Can someone help me get rid of them? Thank you.

Edited by p&dora, 05 November 2005 - 01:42 PM.

Windows XP Home, 1200 GL Intel Pent 4, Dell Dimension 4550, 512 MB Ram,XP2, Lexmark X75, OE6, IE6Firefox 1.0.2,Spywareblaster, CC 1.18.099, Adaware SE 1.05, PhishGuard, Road Runner cable, Computer Associates FW and AV

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:52 PM

I am not sure I understand what the problem is.

When I click on properties and then desk top

Where are you when you click on properties?
~~~~~~~~

General info that might help:

right click on a folder or object, choose 'delete' to send it to the recycle bin.

right click on a folder or object, choose 'copy', go to another site on your computer, right click, choose 'paste' to copy folder to this new location.

right click on a folder or object, choose 'cut', go to another site on your computer, right click, choose 'paste' to move the folder to the new location.
~~~~~~~~

Perhaps the above info will help, maybe not. If not, could you please explain in more detail what is going on? Thanks.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 p&dora

p&dora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:24 AM

I am not sure I understand what the problem is.

When I click on properties and then desk top

Where are you when you click on properties?
~~~~~~~~

General info that might help:

right click on a folder or object, choose 'delete' to send it to the recycle bin.

right click on a folder or object, choose 'copy', go to another site on your computer, right click, choose 'paste' to copy folder to this new location.

right click on a folder or object, choose 'cut', go to another site on your computer, right click, choose 'paste' to move the folder to the new location.
~~~~~~~~

Perhaps the above info will help, maybe not. If not, could you please explain in more detail what is going on? Thanks.

When I click on properties on my desk top a menu opens up with Themes, Desk Top, Screensavers, and Appearance settings. When I click on Desk Top there are pictures in the drop down menu that I had taken with my digital camera which I did not put in that menu. Do not know how to get them out - they appear as Desk top pictures.

Windows XP Home, 1200 GL Intel Pent 4, Dell Dimension 4550, 512 MB Ram,XP2, Lexmark X75, OE6, IE6Firefox 1.0.2,Spywareblaster, CC 1.18.099, Adaware SE 1.05, PhishGuard, Road Runner cable, Computer Associates FW and AV

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:10 AM

When I click on properties on my desk top a menu opens up with Themes, Desk Top, Screensavers, and Appearance settings. When I click on Desk Top there are pictures in the drop down menu that I had taken with my digital camera which I did not put in that menu. Do not know how to get them out - they appear as Desk top pictures.

I think someone has been playing with your computer. If you click on 'browse' under 'Desktop' it defaults to the 'My Pictures' folder so its easy to select a wallpaper from there.

Is it a problem having those links in the walpaper list? None of the pics will become your wallpaper unless you select them and click 'apply'.

On my system I seem to only be able to add one extra picture to the standard bunch of bmp files in the windows folder, if I add a second pic the first one dissappears off the list. :thumbsup:

Maybe someone else can help explain this? :flowers:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 p&dora

p&dora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:31 AM

I think someone has been playing with your computer. If you click on 'browse' under 'Desktop' it defaults to the 'My Pictures' folder so its easy to select a wallpaper from there.

Is it a problem having those links in the walpaper list? None of the pics will become your wallpaper unless you select them and click 'apply'.

On my system I seem to only be able to add one extra picture to the standard bunch of bmp files in the windows folder, if I add a second pic the first one dissappears off the list. :thumbsup:

Maybe someone else can help explain this? :flowers:

Thanks Rimmer. I see now how the pics got where they did. No they don't bother me, I just like things neat and orderly lol. Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users