Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just a little introduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tmgreene364

tmgreene364

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm a stay at home mom who uses the computer for homeschooling, pet rescue, staying in touch with friends, networking about special needs kids and rescue dogs needing transportation and new homes. Their are 3 other uses on our computer - my husband, my 13 son who has cerebral palsy, a friend who is staying with us for another month or so, and my neighbor who cannot afford internet, but needs to use it occasionally.

I've used a computer for years - started as a secretary, moved to desktop publishing, and limited technical support to our network, then moved to a university where I was an administrative assistant, using the computer to create documents and spreadsheets, collecting data to a federal program. I'm somewhat computer literate, but haven't been in the working field for 8 years. Which means I'm a complete newbie and have NO idea what I'm doing.

I assume I'm like most on this forum and have come to get help with a computer problem that seems to get worse each time I try to get it cleaned up - using "credible" programs. I'll search the forum threads to see if I can find the answers I seek, and if not I'll plead for help.

The only problem I've ever had with computer forums in the past is the solutions have always been given in computer speak; yeah - I just don't get it. Too many things in my brain seem to be preventing me from learning it. So, if I plead for help, I may ask you to slow down. Don't need to be spoon fed, but needs to be little bites! :thumbsup:

I hail from East Tennessee, love animals, kids, being creative, helping people, and researching the family history. Oh, and I'm Scottish! Any McPharlanes out there? My maiden name is McFarlin.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users