Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

about to jump on my laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fresy

Fresy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:22 AM

Hello
I posted a request before as I was getting intermittent beeping, it then just stopped for a bit and thought it was ok.... this morning AFTER start up i have been getting so many beeps i feel like i am being mentally tortured...... now as i log into sent a message the beeps have stopped for a bit... i just dont know why I am getting them, I have avast and dont think viral and no beeping at start up but just dont know why... i do get a message about my wirless card not connected or something like that... every nowand then. I did once turn my wireless bit off and the beeping started then. but its definately on as using it now...

i really need some pointers.... not another trip to the pc man to get it fixed with endless costs.... not that i have had to with this laptop before but my previous dell where my hardrive stopped working properly....

please please please help... ps since typing this yes the beeping has stopped altogether but before logged in beeping lots and lots..... help please all basic english/basic non pc literate info welcome

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

Seems like a loose connection of a cable inside your computer. You should check that all cables are connected firmly.

When I assembled my PC, I had connected 12 V ATX 4-Pin cable to motherboard but forgot to push it in. The PC worked okay for a few days and started making beeping noise after that. Could not figure it out, so I tried changing SMPS and found the problem.

May be someone else can shed better light on the subject.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users