Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tos Reel Time Bad Image Error- Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Professer

Dr.Professer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:08 AM

i bought this new laptop less than a year ago, it is a Toshiba Satellite A505. i am running windows 7 on an i3 64-bit processor @ 2.13ghz and i suddenly started recieving "bad image" error messages. they occur about every fifteen minutes and anytime i start up or shutdown the computer the message looks like this:
"TosReelTimeMonitor.exe - Bad Image
C:\windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_..._9.0.30729.4926_none_08e1a05ba83fe554\msvcm90.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support"
I did a search for the "msvcm90.dll" file and found a downloadable copy from this link: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcm90.
but i am not able to replace the old file with the new one. whenever i try to do anything to the existing file a message pops up saying i do not have permission to access the file... what do i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:42 AM

Hello if you haven't fixed the problem you should try and down load Malwarebytes Install it, update it, and then do a full system scan

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

http://laptops.toshiba.com/research-center...eltime-software

I'd try uninstalling...then reinstalling.

Louis

#4 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:46 AM

That is also a good idea hamluis with all the viruses out that cause error messages I immediately assumed it was a virus.

#5 Dr.Professer

Dr.Professer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:30 AM

do you mean uninstall and reinstall the entire os? because i have tried replacing the file but it tells me i don't have permission...

#6 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

Any time my computer does something or shows a change that I didn't do I check for virus, spyware, malware. Malwarebytes Anti Malware has always worked great for me. If you download it please make sure you update it before scanning. If you go this direction I would also recommend using Super Anti Spyware with update and a complete scan with your anti virus. These things should be done now and again anyway, can't hurt but may help.

#7 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

No don't reinstall the os yet unless your giving up.

hamluis means to uninstall Toshiba reel time and then reinstall Toshiba reel time, not the operating system.

If I were you, I would just uninstall Toshiba reel time and leave it off unless you use it.

#8 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

I agree with LouisR47 this doesn't act like a operating system problem. Remove real time and use your computer for a while. If your computer is working properly you can install real time again if you use it.

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

C:\windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_..._9.0.30729.4926_none_08e1a05ba83fe554\msvcm90.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support"
I did a search for the "msvcm90.dll" file and found a downloadable copy from this link: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcm90. but i am not able to replace the old file with the new one

I would highly recommend that you do not download files from the internet to replace system files. I would suggest running sfc /scannow to replace system files that appear to be missing or damaged. You could download malware which could make your issues much much worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users