Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

software will not install from zip file

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

I have a Lexmark x3350 printer that I had to download the drivers for it from the website and it is a self extracting zip file. Once you have unzipped the file it is supposed to start the install setup process but it doesn't. Instead it opens a notepad page with info in it. Why will it not install and how do I make it work? Please help. This is the only printer I have and I don't have a disk for it so I have to make the downloaded file work. I have included a screen shot of what it looks like after it self extracts. It installs on one pc with Windows XP but it won't install on the other XP machine. Thanks for any help you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

Is there a .INF file with the downloaded files.
Usually a right click on the file and select 'install' does the job.
Presumably the notepad file contains some relevant info / instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users