Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cvos

cvos

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

Yesterday I noticed one of our printers an HP C4680 started up by it self!? We leave the power turned on most of the time, but till now it has never done anything on it's own. It is not a wireless printer nor is it setup to print from any other computer in the house. Now the printer will just sit and get stuck in what looks like a boot cycle, it flashes the HP screen then off and beeps. And will do this over and over untill I unplug it from the power. What could be the broblem? Can it be fixed?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cvos

cvos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:26 AM

Any one have any ideas!?

#3 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

You might want to try doing a test print page, to see if it lists any error codes.

I don't have this particular printer, but according to a googled article, here is how you run a test print:

"To print a self test on the C4280, press the Cancel and the Start Copy Color button (green button) at the same time and release them."

If that does not help, here is the hyperlink to an HP webpage with "Solve a Problem" info on this printer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3739150

Good luck.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

#4 cvos

cvos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

Looks good, I hope it can do something with it doing nothing but restsrting all the time.
Thanks for the link.

#5 cvos

cvos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:30 PM

That did not work. So I guess I need a new printer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users