Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

is there a way of finding how much ram a computer can take.I tried to use the cruial web site and his computer was running to slow.I cant even delete anything its that slow.I opened it up and it has two slots one has 256mb the other is empty.Its a 7 year old Dell pc with a intel crleron processor 2.oghz. Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

Its a doc dimension dell

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

The max amount of RAM for a system/motherboard...is usually contained/reflected in the specs for such.

You need to know the system manufacturer and model...or the motherboard manufacturer and model.

Louis

#4 TheTechDude

TheTechDude

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

Run the Crucial.com system scanner to tell you what the max Ram your computer can use is and what you currently have in you system. Aslo what the type of Ram you have so you know what type to buy.

Edited by TheTechDude, 31 August 2010 - 04:50 PM.

#5 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:18 AM

problem sorted.I rang dell with service tag.They pulled up computer record even the fact it was 8 years ago and told how much ram it could take i ordered the ram off them.It wasnt that much more money than cruical. Hope this may help anyone with the same problem. Thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users