Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I Infected or is My Website?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mybuks

mybuks

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

A few weeks ago my website was listed on Google as possibly harmful. I had my web people remove a few lines of malicious code and now it is OK on Google. I have a Google Adwords account that I associated with my website and was advertising for awhile. I have since paused the campaign and have received no charges for any advertising for a month now.

So since this time I have noticed on my traffic stats that I am getting "hits" from a website that is advertising with my URL. The strange thing is that if I click on their ad it goes to this page that's full of sponsored Google links. So I thought probably something had infected my computer and hacked into my google adwords account. Sure enough there was a another person verified in my account. So, I removed that person (and the code on my website that correlated with that user) and thought that would wrap it up. But it didn't. I ran spyware, virus scan and malware and found 15 malicious malware issues. I deleted those. So where I am at now is that they are still advertising under my url, but if no charges are occurring in my adwords account how can this be? The only thing I can think of is that it's pinging my site to look good to Google and then it goes to their site. Could my computer still be infected and/or could something still be on the website that is directing them to their website....but who is paying for all of this? Here's the URL. Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me nuts. hxxp://tiny.cc/okcnj

Removed Link at posters request

Edited by boopme, 23 September 2010 - 06:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:49 PM

We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users