Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andyman22

andyman22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

Hello folks,

I am not new to bleepingcomputers, yes I am sometimes as guest in the background snatching some info and ideas.

However, today I am coming as patient.

First of all I have to thank you “geeks” (if allowed to name you like this :thumbsup: ) for your dedication of helping people. Throughout the web you are an incredible source for fighting that plaque that take often our time (and sometime even more) away.

Now to my case. Some day ago my computer started with some strange behaviour like this:

some windows popped up telling me some drive letter is not supported etc.
the internet explorer started to do some strange things (I do not remember what)
ahh, and my Toshiba power saver started doing rubbish (not accepting changes

My antivirus was not up-to-date and I started to install new antivirus (Vipre) and a collection of malware scanners.

Whatever has found my PC as his new nest, was not amused about this and responded with interfering in to the boot procedure. When starting my PC, Window Start screen appears (normal). After selecting the user (login) user desktop appears nicely (still OK) -> the quick-start icons in the right corner start to pop up one by one - > but in the middle after (10 seconds) black screen appears and nothing goes anymore.

So I started in save mode and run the scanners who discovered a truckload of Trojan and some root kit crap. I cleaned up but windows does not start up anymore (same behaviour as described above). In the malware found were some items like buouf.exe and eqhff.exe.
I can start the PC only via F8 -> last version that works. I looked for buouf.exe and eqhff.exe, found them, killed them but there is possibly somewhere somthing left.

Now I am getting some 0uss8q8s.exe error window and when connecting to the internet all 10 seconds an ad window is opening.

So, my first aid skills are exhausted and I have to call the ambulance.

Thank's in advace for the "Doctor"

andyman22

Edited by hamluis, 31 August 2010 - 11:34 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andyman22

andyman22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

Sorry, I forgot some more symptomes.

I found in the scheduled task folder numerous tasks. After deleting them all they just build up again.
Also I have to correct: the error thayt appeared is referenced to a file called ouss8q8r.exe.
Furthermore, suddenly the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Icon changed (the Malwarebytes icon has been replaced by an ordinary exe icon).

The system is Windows XP Home SP3.

Thanks

andyman

Edited by andyman22, 31 August 2010 - 12:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users