Here is a list of my Hardware components:
- AMD Phenom x4 965 Processor
- 3x2GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 TR3X6G1333C7
- GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470, 1GB, 40nm, 3348MHz GDDR5
- Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
- ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard
- Antec 902 Nine Hundred Two Case
- Samsung 1TB SATA 3Gb/s, 7200rpm
- XFX Black Edition Single Rail Modular Power Supply
- Standard DVD drive
I only have a USB keyboard.
I'm using a HDTV as a monitor.
When I turn on my computer It'll stick on the mobo menu screen.
It'll show the F8 DEL Alt F2 options and anyone I press it won't do. If i press DEL to go to bios, it'll say entering setup and not do anything.
I've reset the CMOS/RTC, nothing. Taken the battery out, waited 30 mins, reset CMOS/RTC, nothing. Done every combination possible with the RAM, nothing.
Repeated above steps many times, nothing.
My mobo has a function called MemOK. I've tried it countless times to no avail.
I don't have any spare RAM or any other component.
Once or twice I got lucky and if I kept the computer off/unplugged from the wall long enough, it worked. But that's not happening now.
I'm not a moron with computers, but I'm not a genious.
My friend told me that my RAM might be the problem.
Any help please???
Can anybody tell me if there is a compatibility issue with anything in my rig?
I will be eternally gratefull!!
*edit* I have got the newest bios installed on the computer, not sure if the problems happened due to that. Might need to flash bios (not sure how to do that though)
Edited by Caeden, 31 August 2010 - 01:00 AM.