Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

explorer.exe(Trojan.Bamital!inf)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 teamxdmatt

teamxdmatt

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

when norton scanned my system it came up with this virus Trojan.bamital!inf which is in the explorer.exe application . am i pretty much screwed because if i delete it i will not be able to log back in. is the only solution for this is to reinstall windows? thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

Hello, this will require specialized tols and handling.
Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 teamxdmatt

teamxdmatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

i was reading and i noticed on step 6 i have to reboot the computer. i'm not sure if i will be able to log in if i reboot. the computer has a windows file protection pop up on the screen now saying "Files that are required for windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. to maintain system stability, windows must restore the original versions of these files" and then it says "Insert your windows xp home edition service pack 3 cd now" .

#4 teamxdmatt

teamxdmatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:59 PM

under the registry actions under this virus it says on norton: "registry entry (user logon or logoff): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\WINLOGON->SHELL"

no fix attempted

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

i was reading and i noticed on step 6 i have to reboot the computer. i'm not sure if i will be able to log in if i reboot. the computer has a windows file protection pop up on the screen now saying "Files that are required for windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. to maintain system stability, windows must restore the original versions of these files" and then it says "Insert your windows xp home edition service pack 3 cd now" .

Is the pop up from Windows or Norton?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 teamxdmatt

teamxdmatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

windows

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

I would insert the CD then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users