Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to do Windows Update, getting Popups, redirecting to another browser, and trojans unaccessible

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LadyWolfRider

LadyWolfRider

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

I have a Dell XPS M1730 and I run Windows XP. For several months now I am been unable to do Windows Update. I will go to tools and click on Windows Update and nothing happens. I have also typed in www.windowsupdate.com and it will not go to the site. Also when I try to click on a link in IE it will redirects me to a site that has nothing that I googled. Now if I open it in another tab then it does open correctly. Also if Im just doing nothing I get another window that just opens up or I will get these pop ups. I do not click on them. But I don't know what to do about it. I also did a scan tonight and it stated there were several trojans that were unaccessible. C\windows\system32\wuaucltexe(3000)\memory_001b0000 and also C\windows\ExplorerEXE(1656)\memory_001a0000. I hope you can help me. I did have 2 viruses that came on my computer about a month ago. I did get the first one off but the second one I had to go to a professional to get it off. But even before then I couldn't get Windows update and I couldn't click on a link straight because it would open with something else. Thank you in advance.

I tried to post this on my computer put it wouldn't let me.

Edited by Blade Zephon, 30 August 2010 - 10:15 PM.
Moved from XP to AII. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Driesiooo

Driesiooo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

Your computer is probably serious infected. Follow the steps on the article: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users