Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not connect to internet on HP Pavilion dv6000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 81carbs

81carbs

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

I have tried a LAN, Wireless, and also a USB Cricket Tri-band stick. When clicking on the unidentified network in network and sharing center there are no networks or any information displayed. When on cmd and run ipconfig /all i get...

Media State....Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS suffix...
Description......isatap.<9E48537-C

Physical Address...00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP enabled......No
Autoconfiguration enabled....Yes

Please help its my sisters computer im trying to help :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 81carbs

81carbs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

my sister was inpatient but thank you anyways I've seen the good you guys do!

#3 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:51 AM

Open Device Manager and see if there are any red x's or yellow flags next to your network adapter. Also check, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

#4 81carbs

81carbs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

thank you for your reply but my sister took her computer she was only here for a few days. I will ask her to try that tho. much obliged!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users