Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dloaded update,black screen,won't boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cfree

cfree

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

I have a toshiba satellite,vista home premium. I was prompted to update and download vista service pack 1. After downloading, computer will not boot,have only black screen,no cursor. I tried startup repair several times,selected to use a restore point from prompt,then nothing would happen for hours,except fan runs,although the repair box was displayed and light was cycling in the progress bar, no blue light on disc indicator. I let it go 24 hrs.
Finally booted from recovery disc,went through all prompts,was displaying files it was going through on black screen then displayed following message which was blinking several times, every so often !! 0xc01a001d !! 9420/97999 (\registry\machine\components\deriveddata\...) after 20 mins. computer went to sleep. When switched on again, only black screen. Any idea's.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users