Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't figure out how to resize or fix resolution on the comp so you can see the whole page at once

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ellen523

Ellen523

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

For some reason my computer is showing web pages, etc much larger and I have to scroll over and down to view a page that should normally be seen without any scrolling. So I need to resize it, but I'm not having much luck going through the desktop graphics options. I am sure this is a simple fix for a Windows XP, but I just can't get it right. Could someone please help me? I would really appreciate it. I know I probably sound like a moron, but I just can't get it to work on the desktop. On a laptop it's a cinch though....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,229 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Right-click on an unoccupied space on the desktop...click Properties.

Click Settings tab...move the slider to the right. Moving to the right makes everything on desktop smaller, while making desktop itself have more space.

Louis

#3 sbdblyss

sbdblyss

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

If you are using Internet Explorer to browse the internet, you may have accidentally zoomed the browser. To fix this, simply hold down Ctrl and press + to zoom in, or hold down Ctrl and press - to zoom out. Good luck!

Jake
My mind isn't quite sure what it has bargained for, but my heart is in time with, with the consistency of Your's.

#4 Ellen523

Ellen523
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

Thanks Hamluis! That did the trick :thumbsup:

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,229 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

Entirely too easy, glad it worked for you...happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users