Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think it's ravmon.exe, pls help restore my windows explorer defaults...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wickedforehand

wickedforehand

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

it's this things that are always my problems regarding with computers... i'm not really good in viruses, trojan or malwares... i thought at first it was rvhost... but i haven't seen the trace of rvhost on my registry... so it must be another.... i have no idea...

well, it didn't create any restrictions on my registry editor, folder options and task manager... all it does was:

1. put restriction involving my showall/checkedvalue registry... leaving me unable to modify the show/hide hidden files... whenever i hit show and apply the changes... it always turns back hiding...

2. this warning always flashes whenever i inserted new storage device (external drives, flashdrives, sd cards, or cd)...
Reformat.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into \Device\Harddisk1\DR3
Cancel Try Again Continue

3. can't safely remove anything inserted on my usb port saying:
Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device
The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later.
OK

4. Unusual behavior of folders,
4.1. hides the original folders (folders a) in a universal folder that's hidden, usually named with just _ (an underscore).
4.2. creating shortcut folders (folders B) that still leads to the original target folder (folder a)... which is still good... but on the bad side, if you deleted the folder, which you thought was your folders a (which is simply just the shorcuts folders B)... you would be left wondering why the storage hardly didn't gain any space enlargement at all... if you already know this behaviors, even though it has always fooled everyone to believe their files are already gone, you can still access your folders a, typing the file or folder path in the address bar of windows explorer... usually driveletter:\_\folders a....

5. computers speed and performance heavily affected...

I already eliminated the threat using Trojan Remover, the speed of the computer has improved, and folder's odd behaviors are already gone... i guess everything except the showall restriction...

and that's my problem now... it's so annoying that you have to use the search command to be able to view you're hidden files everytime...

i have thought of reformatting my drive would solve the problem... but it wasn't the best idea, having 1 tb harddisk, there's too much files to back up... and new windows installation means installing anew my programs and applications.. which is about 300 programs... that takes a lot of time...

so if anyone here who could help me... please do... owww... by the way, i access the net only 2-3 times a week... and i have a turtle like connection... so i won't be able to make instant replies guys... please bear with me... anyway, any post here would be much appreciated...

Edited by wickedforehand, 30 August 2010 - 12:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you are unable to complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 wickedforehand

wickedforehand
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:26 AM

Thanks man... I'm back... sorry can't be here sooner and didn't read your message earlier... I'm sorry i can't do the logs anymore... i guess i accidentally fixed it... or shall i say
malwarebytes eliminated the threat for me... i already have the software before but had no idea how powerful it is...

here's my current setup of protection now... can you help me identify if there'd be possible conflict:
1. Anti-virus: Avira Antivir Personal (free)
2. Anti-trojan, malware, adaware, spyware:
2.1. Trojan Remover (for the fast scan detecting the threat at windows startup)
2.2. Ad-aware pro (for the real-time protection)
2.3. Malwarebytes (elimination of the threats)
2.4. USB Disk Security (for protection against autoruns)
2.5. Windows Defender (I honestly do have no idea what it does
3. Deepfreeze

Thank you...

#4 wickedforehand

wickedforehand
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:27 AM

ahhh yes... i can provide the malwarebytes log and the trojan remover log... i guess... if i haven't deleted it yet... so sorry if i did.. i'll try my best...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users