Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 short beeps, one short beep, & a rare long series of beeps

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bikinibeegee

bikinibeegee

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

:flowers: Running XP pro Sp2, IE 7 & Mozilla 3.6 8 . Using Mozilla, facebook, farmvile game. Mozilla has the file plugin-container.exe, which taskman shows hogging resources. Out of the blue my pc started the beeping randomly while using mozilla. When I close, no beep since. All other apps are standard, usual and up to date. No new hardware or software. Recent past & some random scroll bar moving by it's self, have not found a fix. That happens on both browsers. Should I remove or disable the plugin-container.exe, & would it affect mozilla & farmville? I read where it suppose to stop the browser from crashing, but it doesn't. Also have virtually the same setup up on another pc routed with this one. Please give me some insight!
If this is the wrong forum, please direct me. Thank You, bikinibeegee :thumbsup:

Edited by hamluis, 30 August 2010 - 02:14 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

Mozilla Forum Discussion, Container.exe

Louis

#3 bikinibeegee

bikinibeegee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

Thank you for your response, however the scroll bar is taking over again, hard to read the post, I suppose that issue needs resolving first & foremost. So, can we address that as well? I have Symantec Anti virus 10.1.5.5000 It is updated. Have had recent virus, been cleaned, have appro. Spyware & Malaware programs also.
Could the flash plugin's cause some of this random behavior? I am at a loss?
Please help. I need to resolve some of these issues. This is not a gaming pc. It is standard pent.3, intel mobo, xp pro, one cdrom, one floppy.
What else do I need to report?
thankx, bg

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

Since your issues (stated thus far) all seem related to your browser...seems to me that solving/eliminating it from consideration...should be the priority.

I don't use Mozilla...but I do use IE. What happens to the scroll bar...in IE? I urge you to be specific...none of us are familiar with what transpires on your system unless you describe it accurately and intelligently...so that those who cannot see...will understand what happens.

Louis

#5 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

do you use any add ons on your mozzila???
especially cooliris add-on...if you have it...please disable it...

or you could you read this...
There is a constant siren like sound that keeps happening when I open the internet.

Edited by abauw, 30 August 2010 - 01:05 PM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#6 bikinibeegee

bikinibeegee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

For both hamluis & abauw: Reply to each: Yes It happens in IE 7, that is why it has taken me so long to repy, have to wait til the erratic scrollin stops. Yes it happens in mozilla. I only use moxilla for farmville, IE is too slow for a game. Just recent started this game thing. Norm, I just search, build & rebuild pc's. As it happens, I have customers that game often, & ask me to fix the issues with their crashed pc's. So I am learning first hand. So far anyway.
As in prior post, I have had recent virus, malaware, spyware problems, almost lost my pc. When I went to format & reinstall, it said I had missing & corrupt files on my disc. So I am here, trying to find fixes. Am in process of getting another disc. My orginal spun up & busted in cdrom. Too, a lil hacker, hacked my email & sent out emails from my yahoo account. Am cleaning that up, changing passwords & changing & reconfig. which email acct. to use for certain things.
I have Belarc advisor & hijack this if a report would help! Let me know what I should report next.
thankx, bg :thumbsup:

#7 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

I think you should read something before you report anything else...
its no usefull if you not reading and doing something...its will not solve your problem...sorry...
so...please read my post before and report something...

Edited by abauw, 30 August 2010 - 01:52 PM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#8 bikinibeegee

bikinibeegee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

Added to my last reply, the only addon's that I use are the standard addons tha IE or mozilla require.
However, playing farmville on facebook requires facebook plugin. Others on mozilla are adobe flash 10.1, Quick time7.66, shockwave 10e.ocx , adobe reader 9.3 4 , Windows Media 11, Java 6 update 21. IE7 has spybot helper, shockwave, java & adobe.
Hope this helps,
bg

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

<<As in prior post, I have had recent virus, malaware, spyware problems, almost lost my pc. When I went to format & reinstall, it said I had missing & corrupt files on my disc. So I am here, trying to find fixes.>>

1. The only prior post I see for you at BC...is an introduction.

2. If you had/have malware issues...they won't be solved in the XP forum...we don't have the expertise required.

I will move this thread to what appears to be the appropriate malware forum...Am I Infected.

Louis

#10 bikinibeegee

bikinibeegee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

For abauw: Yes I have read each of your post, went to the links, have read all of that, it does not apply. The mozilla users have done exactly what they were required to do, but it all ends up in a crash. However, On this pc, it makes it very difficult to read, research or anything until I find out what is caused the erratic, random scrolling of my scroll bar, my mouse nor keyboard can't stop it. It's as if that hacker is still hiding on my computer. I don't put anything valuable thru here, I have another for that. Both pc's are very simular, hardware & software this is the only one with the scrolling and the plugin-container.exe crash.
thank you,
by the way, I built this pc from scratch, I know everything that should be on here, in & out, but something is seriously wrong that my utilities & anti virus can't catch.
So that's why I ask for help
thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users