Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

registry error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ainow

ainow

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 7 GB of memory

I received a blue screen with the title of bad_pool_header.

I ran the windows 7 repair - did not correct - blue screen

I ran the windows 7 repair from the original installation disk - did not work - blue screen

The current blue screen title is registry_error

I can not run any registry repair software because it will not boot

Is there a way to create a boot CD with registry repair software installed?

I installed a new boot drive with a copy of window 7 pro 32 bit and connected the original boot drive as a slave and I can read the drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Edited by boopme, 30 August 2010 - 01:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

This link may be listed for windows XP, but it could apply for any NTFS file system.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822705

I have seriously been trying to find a better solution, however there is not much information on recovering a registry without an current backup taken from the registry before the actual corruption took place.

Only thing I can suggest is putting the Windows 7 installation disk in and try doing an install, just do not allow it to format the hard drive, the point of doing this is to re-install Windows 7 over Windows 7, if you do it correctly, it will not remove your current Windows 7 programs and directories.

Just do what-ever it takes not to have Windows installation erase or create a new folder and you should be fine.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 04 September 2010 - 10:31 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hello ainow if you haven't fixed the problem yet you can try checking out this link also http://www.w7forums.com/bad_pool_header-t4568.html

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

Hello,
There is a way to copy back the registry hives; either with the help of the command prompt (windows 7 DVD) or with a bootable disk.

Please let me know if you need still help with this.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users