Please print off these intructions - they will be needed later when internet access is not available.2)
Save these instructions in word/notepad to the desktop where they can be easily found for the same reasons as above.There is a bit to do on the log - i can almost guaruntee ewido will remove something - it's also a good free tool to keep in your arsenal!
Please download ewido security suite
it is a free version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck.
- Install background guard
- Install scan via context menu
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
- The program will now open to the main screen.
- When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
- Then click on Start Update.
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updates
Once the updates are installed do the following:
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
- Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.
Close ewido security suite.
Post a new HJT log and the ewido log at the end!